- Information Technology
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs an UX Designer
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
At DriveTime, we do more than just sell used cars, we also finance them through Bridgecrest. Bridgecrest is one of the country’s leading financial services providers that services roughly $10 billion in finance receivables for DriveTime and other third parties. We service auto loans across a wide credit spectrum with the intent of creating a strong path to vehicle ownership for its customers.
That’s nice, but what’s the job?
In short, as a UX Designer you will be expected to work closely with stakeholders across multiple teams conceptualizing and designing projects to enhance the Bridgecrest customer experience. Your projects may include, but aren’t limited to, designing complex multi-page web experiences, guiding overall customer experience strategy, and creating and improving branded visuals across various platforms. Most importantly, you’ll be actively helping the Bridgecrest brand grow on all creative fronts. Applicants should be enthusiastic about using their skillset to create a seamless and consistent experience for our customers.
In long, as a UX Designer you will:
- Create usable and engaging digital experiences
- Have a thorough understanding of user-centric design and industry standards/best practices
- Collaborate with analytics, product and development teams on all web-based products, branding, and communication deliverables
- Deliver low-fidelity and high-fidelity mockups for web and mobile experiences
- Partner closely with analytics and product teams to design user testing plans and assess online strategy
- Evaluate current experience and assist in ideation and design of web pilots and A/B tests
- Create multiple variations of online experiences to be used in testing
- Work with analytics team to identify user experience KPIs and establish measurement plans for tracking success
- Aid in creative asset organization, management, and hand-off
- Assist product and development teams in recording feature requirements based on design decisions
- Create user flows and wireframes
- Record design documentation
- Expand and maintain design system
- Become an expert on the Bridgecrest customer in order to more effectively advocate for user experience
- Be the voice of the user when presenting designs and customer experience proposals to internal and external groups for feedback and approval
- Use qualitative and quantitative data and research to support design decisions
- Lead user research initiatives, including (but not limited to) listening to user phone calls, reviewing online feedback, customer journey mapping, and interpreting A/B test results
- Assist in ideation and design of digital assets including emails and social media graphics
- Help evolve the brand and identity as the company grows and maintain brand consistency across all creative mediums
So what kind of folks are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone who has a diverse background in both responsive UI and User Experience Design. The UX designer will need to be curious about and driven to understand all aspects of the customer journey at Bridgecrest. You should be prepared to be involved in the entirety of the customer experience. At Bridgecrest we are guided by our customer’s voice and use it to make the right creative and strategic decisions.
- Enthusiasm for learning and seeking new opportunities within design, marketing and strategy. You understand user-centric design and love staying up-to-date with latest user experience and design trends and styles.
- Make complex ideas easy to understand. You have the ability to translate complex ideas into simple, efficient and aesthetically pleasing visual solutions.
- A mind for the details. You’re a designer, so this almost goes without saying, but strong attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to work independently. You can take on small to mid-size projects independently, but you’re also not afraid to ask for help when you need it.
- Receptive to constructive criticism and feedback. You can effectively solicit and receive feedback on your designs from a wide range of coworkers and peers (not stakeholders exclusively).
- Effective multi-tasker. You’ve got the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects across different platforms simultaneously.
- Able to balance strategic and creative thought in order to build the best experiences for our users based on data insights along with customer voice and feedback.
- 4-year degree, or equivalent work experience
- 3-6 years experience preferred
- Must have a detailed portfolio showcasing design work and ability to problem solve creatively
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop and Illustrator especially)
- Understanding of and experience with responsive UI design
- Experience with UX process and applying experience-based design mentality to all projects
- Experience working with development teams
- Knowledge of CSS/HTML and ability to work closely with developers to bring designs to life
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to present and sell your designs to coworkers, stakeholders and peers
- Experience with A/B testing and web experimentation
- Experience building and maintaining design systems
Nice to haves
- Experience in the financial services industry is a huge plus
- Experience with design collaboration app Zeplin is a plus
- Experience creating digital graphics (display ads, social media graphics, etc)
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!