UX Designer Intern
- Information Technology
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs an UX Designer Intern
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
At DriveTime, we do more than just sell used cars, we also finance them through Bridgecrest. Bridgecrest is one of the country’s leading financial services providers that services roughly $10 billion in finance receivables for DriveTime and other third parties. We service auto loans across a wide credit spectrum with the intent of creating a strong path to vehicle ownership for its customers. Now is your chance to be a part of the coveted 2022 DriveTime Summer Internship Program in Tempe, AZ.
Alright I’m hooked. So What’s the Job?
Our UX Designer Internship will allow you to work with the latest technologies and platforms including Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop & Illustrator), CSS, HTML, Zeplin & more! You’ll build real-world experience within a dynamic and professional organization.
Along with gaining hands-on industry experience in your field, you will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of our business model and where you fit in via local site tours and various department overviews
- Attend Friday workshops facilitated by our Executive Leadership team covering topics such as: time management, compliance, personal branding, leadership & more!
- Our internship program will be 11 weeks starting May 2022 to August 2022
- Internships will be based out of our Home Office in Tempe, AZ
- You can expect a regular schedule Monday-Friday, 25-30 hours per week
What do you need?
- You are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- You are currently in your Junior and Senior year
- You are concentrating with the major(s) of Graphic Design, Web Design, Human Computer & Interaction, User Experience/ Social Computing, Product Design majors
- You’re studying and working hard and have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- You play well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- You are a critical thinker. We need folks that don’t simply accept all arguments and conclusions but rather have an attitude involving questioning arguments and conclusions.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- In-House Gym. We want our people to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer an In-house gym for you to use anytime!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers! Our goal is have a career waiting for you after your summer internship with DriveTime! Last year, 64% of our Interns stayed onboard after the program after the summer!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.