- Information Technology
- Business Unit
- 7300 E Hampton Ave
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Telecom Engineer
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 20 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 5,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Telecom Engineer, you will plan, design, develop, configure, implement and support Telecom related applications and technologies for enterprise, retail and contact center locations. Telecom portfolio includes the following technologies: ACD, PBX, IVR, CTI, Dialer, Omni-Channel, Call Recording, SBC, VoIP/SIP Endpoints, Faxing and VoIP Networking Architecture. Provide subject matter expertise around specific technologies within this portfolio. Provide project lead oversight for the deployment of Telecom projects and internal initiatives. Act as primary vendor interface and tier three support.
In long, as a Telecom Engineer, your responsibilities may include:
- Overall responsibility for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and planning for on premise and cloud Telecom applications
- On-premise and cloud system administration – troubleshooting, maintenance and management
- Define aggregate capacity and demand data in support of budget plans and make recommendations for ways to improve performance and reduce costs
- Provide project management and lead oversight to telecom technology projects.
- Supports day-to-day operations, including resolution of individual user issues and requests.
- Ensure communication of process and procedure changes to key stakeholders
- Support identification and collection of metrics and performance reporting processes
- Coordinate with cross functional teams and/or vendors to execute system patches, upgrades and scheduled maintenance
- Technical resource for support and troubleshooting vendor products/solutions
- Works with Enterprise Architects to execute on projects and tasks as needed
- Responsible for automation of tasks as a substitute to human labor
- Monitors delivery against SLAs and reports exceptions to management
- Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives, when applicable
- Willingness and ability to learn, and adapt to rapid change
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
DriveTime is currently looking for a knowledgeable and motivated Telecom Engineer to join our team in Mesa, AZ. This is an exciting opportunity with a great deal of growth potential. The ideal candidate will have 5 - 7+ years of experience working in a similar role. In addition to overall work experience we are looking for someone with the following attributes/abilities:
- Maintain contact with the business users to proactively identify needed changes
- Establish working relationships with technical, business and sourcing counterparts
- Participate in process improvement initiatives
- Manage individual workload and deliver to agreed upon milestones
- Demonstrate ability to work in team environment and help resolve issues
- Provide input to staffing plans at the project-level to identify key / required skill
- Partners with multiple lines of business to provide support, guide, and update care center activities
- Provides analytical insight into contact center operations evaluates trends and leads changes/improvements in applications and support.
- Telecom technologies: 5 to 7 years relevant work experience (See Below)
- A minimum of 3 years specific to Contact Center Technologies
- A minimum of 1 year of SIP and SBC support required
- CCaaS cloud technology experience is preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree or any equivalent combination of education, training and/or work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- In depth understanding of call center acumen, operations, strategy and business practices
- Works with minimal supervision
- Exhibits strong customer service skills
- On call, after hours and/or weekend work as required
- Must be able to travel locally on occasion
Relevant Technical Skills
The Telecom Engineer is NOT expected to know all of the skills at any given point in their career. The critical skills will depend on his/her current level and specific responsibilities within IT organization. Instead, this list includes typical skills that a Telecom Engineer MAY be required to demonstrate over the course of this role.
- PBX (Private Branch Exchange)
- IVR (Interactive Voice Response)
- CTI (Computer Telephony Integration)
- ACD (Automatic Call Distribution) Call Routing – Inbound and Outbound Voice – Genesys Preferred
- Omni-Channel Routing – Web Chat, Email, SMS, Asynchronous Messaging, Social Media – Genesys Cloud (aka PureCloud) or Twilio Flex Preferred
- Outbound Campaign Dialer – Avaya Preferred
- Call Recording and Analytics – Verint Preferred
- Contact Center Reporting
- SBC (Session Border Controller) – Oracle Acme Packet Preferred
- Voicemail – Mutare Preferred
- Call Analytics – Microcall Preferred
- VoIP/SIP Endpoints
- Circuit and Tollfree Number Routing
- Fax Server Technologies
- SIP/VoIP Networking Architecture
- AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Database – SQL
- OS - MS Windows, Red Hat Linux
- Network Performance Management Technologies: WireShark, ExtraHop, Prognosis
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Ample PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!