Systems Engineer - Remote
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. Across the nation, from our home office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
As a Systems Engineer on the team, you will support and monitor day-to-day IT operations, work to identify gaps in team knowledge, and mature processes and procedures. This requires strong troubleshooting and collaboration skills. You are expected to have seasoned technical abilities relating to Microsoft platforms and Cloud technologies for this role. Skills and experience such as Windows Server and its’ roles, Active Directory, PowerShell, Azure IaaS, Virtualization, and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops. There is immense opportunity here both technically and interpersonally, and the sky is the limit!
- Responsible for Windows Server setup, troubleshooting, maintenance, management, and monitoring
- Maintenance, management and monitoring on various Hypervisors (ESXi and AHV)
- Scripting and automation of various repetitive or maintenance tasks
- Coordinate with business units to execute system patches, upgrades, and scheduled maintenance
- Administration of Microsoft platforms on a regular basis, including Active Directory, GPO, DNS, Azure AD, and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- Works with Enterprise Architects and fellow Engineers to work on projects and tasks as needed
- Maintenance, management and monitoring of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Responsible for Enterprise Monitoring with Paessler PRTG platform
- Responsible for maintenance, management and monitoring of infrastructure hosted at Data Centers
- Willingness and ability to learn and adapt to rapid change
Enjoy the Rewards and Benefits.
Money: Great competitive pay!
Benefits: Outstanding medical, dental and vision plans (After just 60 days)! 401K match too!
Schedule: Expect a consistent schedule that allows everyone to work with customers during peak times. On-call and scheduled after hours work is expected for this position. Remote Work is fully available for this position.
Future: We’re a unique, highly respected, nationwide company with a strong culture of promoting from within. This isn’t a job. It’s a career.
Keys to success.
- Possess 5+ years of Windows/Network/System administration experience
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered
- Experience with Virtualization technologies - vSphere and/or Nutanix AHV
- Experience with Private and Public Cloud Technologies - Nutanix and/or Azure preferred
- Experience with Load Balancing (Citrix NetScaler) technology a plus
- Experience with Cisco Networking technologies and Palo Alto Next-Gen Firewall a plus
- Works with minimal supervision
- Exhibits strong collaboration skills
- After hours and/or weekend work as required
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
2. Must be able to carry and transport up to 10 pounds up to 60 feet.
3. Requires sitting for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping.
4. Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
5. Must be able to communicate professionally over the phone to customers
6. Requires typing for extended periods of time.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!