- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Staff Accountant
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Staff Accountant, you will perform key functions within the accounting segment and will have broad general exposure to accounting segments and functions. Working under the direction of Senior Accountants and the Accounting Manager, you will prepare and record journal entries, prepare month-end reconciliations and analysis, and assist in data compilation and validation for special projects and significant accounting models.
In long, our Staff Accountants are responsible for:
- Preparing monthly reconciliations and journal entries for items such as fixed assets, payroll, vehicle inventory, general accruals, etc.
- Performing budget to actual analysis and variance explanation.
- Completing month-end closing responsibilities.
- Researching accounting guidance and make recommendations where necessary.
- Assisting with monthly financial forecast and development of budgets.
- Assisting in preparation and communication of management reports.
- Supporting external and internal auditors with quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Working with the Accounting Manager on process improvement, documentation, and control implementation.
- Assisting in forecast and budget preparation.
- Assisting in variance analysis on performance to budget and performance to forecasts.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences.
- Killer analytical and reporting abilities. You’ll need the capability to analyze financial data and in return, prepare timely reports on your findings.
- Problem solving and critical thinking. The ability to use knowledge, facts, and data to effectively solve problems. This doesn't mean you need to have an immediate answer, it means you have to be able to think on your feet, assess problems and find solutions.
- Detail-oriented. Okay we know it’s on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5 - 4 years’ overall experience in accounting.
- General understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Intermediate Excel skills.
Nice to Haves.
- Licensed CPA.
- Account audit experience.
- General Ledger experience.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!