Sr. Analyst, Risk Pricing
What’s Under the Hood
DriveTime Family of Brands includes in-house financing and servicing through Bridgecrest, which is one of the country’s leading financial servicing providers. Bridgecrest services roughly $17 billion in finance receivables for DriveTime and other third parties. We service auto loans across a wide credit spectrum with the intent of creating a strong path to vehicle ownership for our customers.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas or who need sponsorship now or in the future are not eligible for hire at this time.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Senior Strategic Pricing Analyst you will be responsible for utilizing business, industry, competitive, customer and technical knowledge to formulate pricing strategy and to execute financial modeling of comprehensive pricing offers.
In long, the Senior Strategic Pricing Analyst is responsible for:
Proposing strategies for initial sticker prices for vehicles at the dealership that optimize both loan profitability and customer demand.
Leveraging new and existing predictive models to optimize the sale rate of vehicles.
Working with data science to design, monitor, and interpret new pilot methods to learn about the impact of vehicle pricing initiatives.
Performing ad hoc analysis as required to continuously maximize vehicle margin in a volatile macroeconomic market.
Constructing in-depth analysis by processing, manipulating and studying large datasets by leveraging strong SQL, Python, and Excel skills.
Driving large analytical projects to reveal step-change improvements in operational and transaction structure.
Demonstrating strong conceptual skills supported by rigorous quantitative analysis to influence senior management strategy.
Leveraging emerging technologies and critical thinking skills to continually innovate and automate existing methodologies, processes and reporting. Design, develop, test, and implement new products and solutions.
Effectively communicate with concise insights and/or visualizations utilizing software such as Tableau or Power BI while partnering collaboratively with colleagues and senior leaders in DriveTime and Carvana.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
Passionate and goal-oriented. We are looking for someone that is enthusiastic about their work and is passionate about not only meeting their goals but exceeding them.
Entrepreneurial spirit. An attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change. You’ll need a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation and continuous improvement.
Strategic thinker. We are looking for an individual that takes an insightful, future oriented, open-minded and proactive approach to thinking.
Operate autonomously. This isn’t a "hold your hand" kind of role. We give you autonomy to be creative in your space and do your thing. We need an individual that is self-motivated to get the work done and get the work done well. Exceptional interpersonal skills. Friendly and tactful with the ability to influence others, effectively manage conflict, exercise sound judgment, effectively manage highly sensitive and confidential information, interact at all levels within the organization, and build cross-functional partnerships across the business.
Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative field such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering.
2-4 years of experience in business, data analytics and predictive modelling.
Demonstrated skill and extended experience with Excel and SQL.
Experience with statistical modeling in Python, R, or similar language preferred.
Strong statistical skills and experience focused on business decision making and problem solving.
Exceptional problem-solving skills, collaborative teamwork, intellectual horsepower, curiosity, initiative, and attention to detail.
Experienced project manager able to lead multiple engagements simultaneously.
Ability to simplify complexity, in particular to communicate statistical and analytical concepts. and findings to a wide range of business and technical audiences with appropriate levels of detail and emphasis.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter
- Medical, dental, and vision, oh my! DriveTime Family of Brands covers a sizable amount of insurance premiums to ensure our employees receive top-tier healthcare coverage.
- But Wait, There’s More. 401(K), Company paid life insurance policy, short and long-term disability coverage to name a few.
- Growth Opportunities. You grow, I grow, we all grow! But seriously, DriveTime Family of Brands is committed to providing its employees with every opportunity to grow professionally with roughly over 1,000 employees promoted year over year.
- Tuition Reimbursement. We’re as passionate about your professional development as you are. With that, we’ll put our money where our mouth is.
- Wellness Program. Health is wealth! This program includes self-guided coaching and journeys, cash incentives and discounts on your medical premiums through engaging in fun activities!
- Gratitude is Green. We offer competitive pay across the organization, because, well money matters!
- In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. So come early, take a break in your day or finish strong with a workout!
- Give Us a Reason (or not), and We’ll Celebrate. Regardless of whether there is a holiday or not, we are finding ways to kick back and enjoy each other’s company outside of day-to-day work.
- Smart-Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays. Not just lip service: we work hard, to play hard.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime Family of Brands is Great Place to Work Certified! And get this: 90% of our rockstar employees say they feel right at home here. We could spend a lot of time having you read about ALL our awards, but we’ll save time (and practice some humility) just naming a few others; Comparably Awards: Best Company for Diversity, Best Company Culture and Best Company Leadership, oh and don’t forget Phoenix Business Journal Healthiest Employers (okay, we’ll stop there)!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!