What’s Under the Hood
DriveTime Family of Brands includes in-house financing and servicing through Bridgecrest, which is one of the country’s leading financial servicing providers. Bridgecrest services roughly $17 billion in finance receivables for DriveTime and other third parties. We service auto loans across a wide credit spectrum with the intent of creating a strong path to vehicle ownership for our customers.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for understanding accounting concepts required to maintain the general ledger, supporting subsidiary ledgers and ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). You are technically minded and understand more technical areas of general ledger accounting. You will be responsible for preparation and recording of complex journal entries and schedules, highly involved in year-end budgeting process as well as monthly business reporting. This supervisory role will include the review of accounting topics, accounting records of a rapidly growing portfolio, and general reconciliations with an emphasis on the ability to manage the planning, performance, presentation and completion of special projects.
In long, our Senior Accountants are responsible for:
- Key point of contact within area of responsibility for the month-end close process.
- Review and approve technical journal entries and monthly reconciliations for items such as financed receivables of a $14B+ serviced portfolio (includes servicing of third-party portfolios), capital market financing, general accruals, intercompany financial statements, revenue recognition, etc. to ensure accurate accounting records in compliance with GAAP.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with FP&A team and other areas of the business to develop annual budgets, forecasts, and variance analysis across several business segments.
- Assist in preparation and communication of various ad-hoc and routine management reports.
- Research accounting guidance as needed and provide recommendations for technical accounting treatment.
- Validate, test, and support the creation of accounting and financial models for revenue/cost recognition.
- Communicate operational expenditure performance to corporate leadership.
- Support external and internal auditors with quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Evaluate and improve upon existing accounting processes, policies, and reporting.
- System Upgrades - assist with implementation of new ERP system for loan servicing and accounting systems.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize then re-prioritize again.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Killer analytical and reporting abilities. You’ll need the capability to analyze financial data and in return, prepare timely reports on your findings.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know "detail-oriented" is on about every job description - but we really mean it!
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Collaborative contributor. You need the ability to coordinate and supervise staff while remaining an individual contributor to the team.
- Intellectual curiosity. You constantly ask why. You’re never satisfied with just doing the work, you want to know why you do what you do. You are not afraid to dive deep to understand complex subjects.
- Operate automatously. This isn’t a "hold your hand" kind of role. We give you autonomy to be creative in your space and do your thing. We need an individual that is self-motivated to get the work done and get the work done well.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- 4+ years’ overall experience within accounting/finance. With a minimum of 2 years in a purely accounting role.
- Team management or leadership experience.
- Strong general understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Advanced Excel skills.
Nice to Haves.
- Licensed CPA.
- Heavy general ledger experience with technical accounting concepts
- Accounting audit experience.
- Experience with technical accounting in a $500M+ company.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter
- Medical, dental, and vision, oh my! DriveTime Family of Brands covers a sizable amount of insurance premiums to ensure our employees receive top-tier healthcare coverage.
- But Wait, There’s More. 401(K), Company paid life insurance policy, short and long-term disability coverage to name a few.
- Growth Opportunities. You grow, I grow, we all grow! But seriously, DriveTime Family of Brands is committed to providing its employees with every opportunity to grow professionally with roughly over 1,000 employees promoted year over year.
- Tuition Reimbursement. We’re as passionate about your professional development as you are. With that, we’ll put our money where our mouth is.
- Wellness Program. Health is wealth! This program includes self-guided coaching and journeys, cash incentives and discounts on your medical premiums through engaging in fun activities!
- Gratitude is Green. We offer competitive pay across the organization, because, well money matters!
- In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. So come early, take a break in your day or finish strong with a workout!
- Give Us a Reason (or not), and We’ll Celebrate. Regardless of whether there is a holiday or not, we are finding ways to kick back and enjoy each other’s company outside of day-to-day work.
- Smart-Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays. Not just lip service: we work hard, to play hard.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime Family of Brands is Great Place to Work Certified! And get this: 90% of our rockstar employees say they feel right at home here. We could spend a lot of time having you read about ALL our awards, but we’ll save time (and practice some humility) just naming a few others; Comparably Awards: Best Company for Diversity, Best Company Culture and Best Company Leadership, oh and don’t forget Phoenix Business Journal Healthiest Employers (okay, we’ll stop there)!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!