Software Quality Analyst
- Information Technology
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Software Quality Analyst
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers, and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customers, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Software Quality Analyst, you will partner with engineers on a fast-paced AGILE team to direct and own the QA effort supporting multiple applications, designing/executing test plans for frontend, API, and DB changes, calling out testing bottlenecks before they occur, writing test scripts, and validating Production deployments.
In long, as a Software Quality Analyst, you are responsible to:
- Provide front-end and backend testing, validation, and sign-off for Production releases
- Define testing strategy/scope for different products, from the library of test suites down to the individual test cases
- Write detailed test plans that cover user story acceptance criteria and foreseeable edge cases
- Identify, document, and prioritize defects and bugs, and work with the teams to investigate and resolve issues
- Participate in scrum ceremonies, design discussions, and test plan reviews
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - the ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma, and competence for a wide variety of audiences.
- Detail-oriented. Okay we know it’s on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Team Orientation. You appropriately include others in decision-making. You genuinely care about co-workers’ wellbeing and input and are interested in developing collaborative working relationships characterized by trust and mutual respect.
- Decisiveness. You’re able to make timely, informed decisions that take into account facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Outcome Orientation. You understand the “whys” behind tasks and can achieve complex goals with a high level of autonomy.
- Over 3 years of experience working in a similar role
- Strong agile tester with experience testing API, web and mobile application, and database changes
- Proficient in using SQL for testing
- Highly organized, self-directed, and accountable to timelines
- Experience with establishing cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technology partners
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Curious about technology and how our software works
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about continuous learning and growth
- Able to create intermediate or advanced SQL queries to create/manipulate test data
- Working understanding of POSTMAN or other API testing tools
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent, and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 Days PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, and pool table if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings, and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!