Software Architect - Remote
In this technical leadership role, you will partner closely with enterprise architects, engineering product managers, software engineers, and leaders to define, design, and guide solutions for industry-leading software. A broad range of technical knowledge and the ability to provide technical leadership to drive shared service capabilities and Cloud integration capabilities are essential.
Our products are critical to driving forward the architectural software direction of the organization and its continued growth and success. We believe that we achieve success in an environment where collaboration, openness, teamwork, and respect for each other are valued. If you have excellent communication skills, are passionate about building tools that drive efficiency across a technology organization, let’s talk!
- Lead the technical direction for Application Architecture
- Partner with technology and business leaders to define strategic roadmaps for transforming our software from current-state to future-state
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to engineering teams through technical POCs, shared frameworks, PaaS/Cloud integration solutions and desired best practices and patterns
- Guide engineering teams to modernize and scale existing applications in support of the enterprise cloud strategy
- Provide strategic guidance on how to simplify, standardize, centralize and automate back-office processes to satisfy both regional differences and global objectives
- Promote user centered design principles to ensure that users have both access and ease of use of our systems anywhere at any time
- Create, maintain and broadly communicate architectural vision, diagrams, and technical documentation
- Partner with our Security, DevOps, Cloud Hosting, Continuity and Data Privacy, and all our software teams to align with their strategies
- Work collaboratively with business and technology stakeholders to evaluate products and design solutions that leverage a blend of developed solutions and SaaS offerings
- Encourage an environment of innovation and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Research and adopt new engineering tools, technologies, and processes and work with Enterprise Architecture to advance software engineering direction
- Partner with IT operations teams to ensure system availability, security, and scalability
- 5+ years of enterprise application development experience and leading engineering teams
- Experience building highly scalable, performant software and service platforms
- Experience with Container technologies. (Docker, Kubernetes, ContainerD)
- Experience building cloud native technologies (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP)?
- Working knowledge of scalable data solutions including but not limited to: Kafka, Elastic, RabbitMQ / ActiveMQ, Redis, MongoDB
- Experience building adoption of GraphQL as a new technology for mission-critical applications
- Expertise architecting and implementing multiple GraphQL API based services from the ground up with schema first omni channel and global domain models
- Proven experience designing, building, and maintaining REST APIs written in C#, Java, Node.js, or comparable software stack.
- Proficient in SQL and one or more relational database systems: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, or MySQL
- Experience with SaaS integrations
- Experience building and using automation tools, CI/CD, unit testing, and promoting a culture of quality software development
- Azure PaaS experience
- Experience with UI tools and frameworks such as React, Typescript, Angular, SASS, and web components
- Experience directly or indirectly leading teams; ability to assess and grow software engineering talent
- Understanding of financial functions and/or transportation management systems
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Positive, collaborative solution-oriented attitude focused on team and product success
- A mindset of continual learning, growth, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate about product development, software engineering and growing teams and individuals
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent, and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break - no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, and a pool table if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings, and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!