SilverRock Analytics Internship
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime is accepting applications for our 2020 Summer Internship Program!
Buckle up, you’re in for the ride of your career!
DriveTime is the nation’s second largest used car retailer, focused on helping people find and finance used vehicles (trust us, it’s more exciting than it sounds). We have single-handedly rebuilt, retooled, redreamed and reconfigured the way people think about driving cars, breaking apart from the industry’s status quo. For more than 17 years, DriveTime has changed the auto world from the ground up while emphasizing values, morals and growth from the inside-out!
DriveTime’s goal is to take every customer on the full path to ownership. All the way from purchasing vehicles, inspecting and selling; to financing, servicing and warranties – when it comes to owning a vehicle - we know what’s up! As motivated as we are to take our customer on the path to ownership, we are just as focused on taking our employees on the path to owning their careers. Across the nation, from our home office and call centers to our 140 retail locations and 20 inspection centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team! Now is your chance to be a part of the coveted 2020 DriveTime Summer Internship Program in Tempe, AZ.
Alright I'm hooked. So what’s the Job?
SilverRock, a DriveTime Partner, is the Ancillary Product Administrator for our vehicles. The SilverRock interns will be learning how analytics plays a key role within a data driven company. They will begin by learning about company databases and basic SQL syntax used to extract information. Once they gain this basic understanding, we will teach them more advanced Data extraction techniques using Excel formulas, DAX and SQL to build upon what they have just learned. Our interns will then learn fundamentals around data presentation and use industry tools (Excel, Tableau, Powerpoint) to present findings.
Interns will be taught about our internal reporting to get a better understanding of our business model, learn about the different segments of our business, and interact with the business leaders. As the internship progresses they will have the opportunity to tackle real questions and identify key trends that lead to insights and make an impact to our business. Lastly, our interns will get the opportunity to present their findings to business stakeholders throughout the company.
Along with hands-on industry experience, you will:
- Participate in a volunteer project with the local community
- Tour our Reconditioning Centers, Dealerships, Operations Centers
- Attend Friday workshops with our executive Leaders covering topics such as: time management, compliance, Personal Branding, leadership & more!
- Join in on the company culture & fun including our Virtual Reality room, onsite full sized gym, decked out game room, and team outings
- Our internship program will be 10 weeks starting Monday, June 1st to Friday, August 14th.
- Internships will be based out of our Home Office in Tempe, AZ and our Operations Center in Mesa, AZ
- You can expect a regular schedule Monday-Friday, 25-35 per week
What do you need?
- You are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- You are currently in your Junior and Senior year
- You are concentrating with the major(s) of Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Operations Management, Economics, Business Analytics, Actuarial/Risk Analysis, Accounting, International Business, Business Administration & Management, Finance and/or Financial Management majors
- You’re studying and working hard and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- In-House Gym. We want our people to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer an In-house gym for you to use anytime!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers! Our goal is have a career waiting for you after your summer internship with DriveTime! Last year, 64% of our Interns stayed onboard after the program after the summer!
Job Status: Part Time,Internship
Job Reference #: 2019-28066