Senior Strategic Financial Analyst
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Senior Strategic Financial Analyst
DriveTime is the nation’s second largest used car retailer, focused on helping people find and finance used vehicles. We have single-handedly rebuilt, retooled, redreamed and reconfigured the way people think about buying cars, breaking apart from the industry’s status quo. For more than 17 years, DriveTime has changed the auto world from the ground up while emphasizing growth from the inside-out!
DriveTime’s goal is to take every customer on the full path to vehicle ownership. All the way from purchasing vehicles, inspecting and selling; to financing, servicing and warranties – when it comes to owning a vehicle - we know what’s up! As motivated as we are to take our customer on the path to ownership, we are just as focused on taking our employees on the path to owning their careers. Across the nation, from our home office and customer service centers to our 138 retail locations and 20 inspection centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Senior Strategic Financial Analyst you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges.
In long, the Senior Strategic Financial Analyst is responsible for:
- Integrating customer credit, origination and performance data to generate relevant, actionable insights and make strategic recommendations.
- Constructing in-depth analysis by processing, manipulating and studying large datasets by leveraging strong SQL, R, Python and Excel skills.
- Driving large analytical projects to reveal step-change improvements in credit policy, pricing and transaction structure.
- Demonstrating strong conceptual skills supported by rigorous quantitative analysis to influence senior management strategy.
- Leveraging emerging technologies and critical thinking skills to continually innovate and automate existing methodologies, processes and reporting. Design, develop, test, and implement new products and solutions.
- Leading organizational change through planning and implementation of new credit risk management and/or pricing strategies.
- Effectively communicate with concise insights and/or visualizations utilizing software such as Tableau or Power BI while partnering collaboratively with colleagues and senior leaders in Risk Management, Finance, Retail, Inventory, Technology and other areas to drive business results.
- Training, managing and developing junior analyst staff to create a cohesive, high achieving unit with strong morale.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
- Passionate and goal-oriented. We are looking for someone that is enthusiastic about their work and is passionate about not only meeting their goals but exceeding them.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. An attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change. You’ll need a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Strategic thinker. We are looking for an individual that takes an insightful, future oriented, open-minded and proactive approach to thinking.
- Operate autonomously. This isn’t a “hold your hand” kind of role. We give you autonomy to be creative in your space and do your thing. We need an individual that is self-motivated to get the work done and get the work done well.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Friendly and tactful with the ability to influence others, effectively manage conflict, exercise sound judgment, effectively manage highly sensitive and confidential information, interact at all levels within the organization, and build cross-functional partnerships across the business.
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Management material. We are looking for someone that can lead, manage and grow within our organization.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative field such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience in business, data analytics and predictive modelling.
- Demonstrated skill and extended experience with Excel
- Ambition to learn coding languages such as SQL, R, or Python
- Strong statistical skills and experience focused on business decision making and problem solving.
- Demonstrated skill and extended experience with R, SQL, Python, STATA, SAS and/or Excel.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, collaborative teamwork, intellectual horsepower, curiosity, initiative, and attention to detail.
- Experienced project manager able to lead multiple engagements simultaneously.
- Ability to simplify complexity, in particular to communicate statistical and analytical concepts. and findings to a wide range of business and technical audiences with appropriate levels of detail and emphasis.
Nice to Haves.
- Experience within consumer credit risk management and analysis.
- Experience in loss forecasting for consumer finance lending products.
- Demonstrated skill and extended experience with coding languages such as R, SQL, Python, STATA, SAS and/or data visualization tools like Tableau or Power BI.
- Experience in consulting or business analysis in corporate setting.
- Background in statistical testing and analysis principles.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially, we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2019-27080