Senior Director, Loss Mitigation
What’s Under the Hood
DriveTime Family of Brands includes in-house financing and servicing through Bridgecrest, which is one of the country’s leading financial servicing providers. Bridgecrest services roughly $17 billion in finance receivables for DriveTime and other third parties. We service auto loans across a wide credit spectrum with the intent of creating a strong path to vehicle ownership for our customers.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
Responsibilities of the Job (Or Better Known as, Your Next Destination)
This position is responsible for planning, evaluating and continuously improving all aspects of the Loss Mitigation Specialty processes including the development, implementation and administration of strategies to maximize loan profitability.
- Responsible for business line operation of title administration, bankruptcy, total loss, ancillary product cancellation, replevin legal strategy and deficiency collections.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a culturally diverse, fully engaged department.
- Develops and manages a senior operations team.
- Partners with leadership and Mission Control on department staffing, capacity and succession planning.
- Establish and maintain continuous partnership with HR.
- Responsible for instituting a compliance driven culture across the line of business.
- Establish and maintain continuous partnership with Legal & Compliance for updates and changes to current rules and regulations.
- Actively collaborates with Corporate Finance on developing annual budget needs, revenue and expense forecasts, plan to actual variance analyses.
- Maximizes enterprise values via process improvement, systematic tool development and analytical design of experiments.
- Collaborates with Analytics to design and analyze key performance indicators. Communicates strategic initiatives and outcomes to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Establishes and maintains other partnerships broadly within and outside of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (The Good Stuff)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops is a must.
- Intellectual curiosity. Why? What? How? Do you find yourself always wanting to learn more and broaden your knowledge base? If so, this could be the role for you.
- Management material. We are looking for someone that can lead, manage and grow within our organization.
- Part of your job will be working in conjunction with various corporate groups to achieve corporate and ground goals.
- Passionate and goal oriented. We are looking for someone that is enthusiastic about their work and is passionate about not only meeting their goals but exceeding them.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. An attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change. You’ll need a mindset that embraces critical questioning, ownership, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Strategic thinker. We are looking for an individual that takes an insightful, future oriented, openminded and proactive approach to thinking.
- Takes a hold of the wheel. You’ll need to take the initiative and be comfortable doing so.
Requirements (a.k.a. What You Need to Get the Job Done)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related discipline.
- 10+ years of operations and leadership experience.
- Ability to lead large cross functional teams in multiple locations.
- Proven history of process improvement leading to material increases in profitability
So What About the Perks? Perks matter
- Medical, dental, and vision, oh my! DriveTime Family of Brands covers a sizable amount of insurance premiums to ensure our employees receive top-tier healthcare coverage.
- But Wait, There’s More. 401(K), Company paid life insurance policy, short and long-term disability coverage to name a few.
- Growth Opportunities. You grow, I grow, we all grow! But seriously, DriveTime Family of Brands is committed to providing its employees with every opportunity to grow professionally with roughly over 1,000 employees promoted year over year.
- Tuition Reimbursement. We’re as passionate about your professional development as you are. With that, we’ll put our money where our mouth is.
- Wellness Program. Health is wealth! This program includes self-guided coaching and journeys, cash incentives and discounts on your medical premiums through engaging in fun activities!
- Gratitude is Green. We offer competitive pay across the organization, because, well money matters!
- In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. So come early, take a break in your day or finish strong with a workout!
- Give Us a Reason (or not), and We’ll Celebrate. Regardless of whether there is a holiday or not, we are finding ways to kick back and enjoy each other’s company outside of day-to-day work.
- Smart-Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays. Not just lip service: we work hard, to play hard.
- Company Driver. It’s one of the coolest perks of being who we are! We’ve got your insurance, maintenance, and cost of vehicle covered; you just keep gas in the tank.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime Family of Brands is Great Place to Work Certified! And get this: 90% of our rockstar employees say they feel right at home here. We could spend a lot of time having you read about ALL our awards, but we’ll save time (and practice some humility) just naming a few others; Comparably Awards: Best Company for Diversity, Best Company Culture and Best Company Leadership, oh and don’t forget Phoenix Business Journal Healthiest Employers (okay, we’ll stop there)!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!