Senior Analyst, Purchasing
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Senior Analyst, Purchasing
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Senior Analyst of Purchasing, you will be responsible for providing consumable and impactful data points to all levels of the business including senior management. In addition, you will apply critical thought and analysis to evaluate key business drivers and present actionable measures to improve business processes and financial performance of the company.
In long, the Senior Analyst of Purchasing is responsible for:
- Formulating, developing and instituting business strategies to drive company profit by optimizing vehicle purchasing and distribution.
- Partnering with Operators and IT to pin point data and process weaknesses
- Work with department leaders to understand the changes needed, and collaborate on solutions for change
- Ability to model out identified solutions to forecast the impact the change would have on operations as well as to overall profit
- Develop KPI dashboards
- Detailed review of data as necessary based on KPIs. Communication of findings to leadership along with recommendations for correction.
- Identifying, tracking and forecasting main drivers and transactions of the organization by market sizing and research and competitive analysis.
- Providing ad hoc analysis and special projects as required.
- Mentor and help manage deliverables for junior members of the team
- Meet with department leaders on monthly/quarterly basis to review forecasts to ensure operations is making necessary adjustments to prepare for the future
- Proposing changes in current and needed reporting to ensure financial targets are met.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Killer analytical and reporting abilities. You’ll need the capability to analyze data and in return, prepare timely reports on your findings.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Intellectual curiosity. Why? What? How? Do you find yourself always wanting to learn more and broaden your knowledge base? If so, this could be the role for you.
- Passionate and goal-oriented. We are looking for someone that is enthusiastic about their work and is passionate about not only meeting their goals but exceeding them.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of data analysis and optimization experience, ideally from Supply Chain, Merchandising, purchasing or marketing analytics
- Strong knowledge of Excel with knowledge of reporting tools such as SQL and Tableau
Nice to Haves.
- Experience in data mining, and analysis in production, supply chain, operations a plus
- Strong knowledge of Excel, SQL, and Tableau or other tools such as SAS, R, Python
- Strong desire to make an impact and help drive the business
- A desire to lead and mentor
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!