What’s Under the Hood
DriveTime Family of Brands includes in-house financing and servicing through Bridgecrest, which is one of the country’s leading financial servicing providers. Bridgecrest services roughly $17 billion in finance receivables for DriveTime and other third parties. We service auto loans across a wide credit spectrum with the intent of creating a strong path to vehicle ownership for our customers.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Senior Loan Accountant, you will be responsible for maintaining the general ledger, supporting subsidiary ledgers and ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
In long, our Senior Loan Accountants are responsible for:
Using your auditing skills to understand more technical areas of general ledger accounting.
You will be responsible for preparation and recording of complex journal entries and schedules, highly involved in year-end budgeting process as well as monthly business reporting.
This supervisory role will include the review of accounting topics, accounting records of a rapidly growing portfolio, and general reconciliations with an emphasis on the ability to manage the planning, performance, presentation and completion of special projects.
Key point of contact within area of responsibility for the month-end close process.
Review and approve technical journal entries and monthly reconciliations for items such as financed receivables of a $14B+ serviced portfolio (includes servicing of third-party portfolios), capital market financing, general accruals, intercompany financial statements, revenue recognition, etc. to ensure accurate accounting records in compliance with GAAP.
Collaborate cross-functionally with FP&A team and other areas of the business to develop annual budgets, forecasts, and variance analysis across several business segments.
Assist in preparation and communication of various ad-hoc and routine management reports.
Research accounting guidance as needed and provide recommendations for technical accounting treatment.
Validate, test, and support the creation of accounting and financial models for revenue/cost recognition.
Communicate operational expenditure performance to corporate leadership.
Support external and internal auditors with quarterly reviews and annual audits.
Evaluate and improve upon existing accounting processes, policies, and reporting.
System Upgrades - assist with implementation of new ERP system for loan servicing and accounting systems.
Must have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or Finance.
4+ years’ overall experience within accounting/finance. With a minimum of 2 years in a purely accounting role.
Team management, mentorship, and/or leadership experience.
Strong general understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Advanced Excel skills.
Nice to Haves.
Heavy general ledger experience with technical accounting concepts
Accounting audit experience.
Experience with technical accounting in a $500M+ company.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter
- Medical, dental, and vision, oh my! DriveTime Family of Brands covers a sizable amount of insurance premiums to ensure our employees receive top-tier healthcare coverage.
- But Wait, There’s More. 401(K), Company paid life insurance policy, short and long-term disability coverage to name a few.
- Growth Opportunities. You grow, I grow, we all grow! But seriously, DriveTime Family of Brands is committed to providing its employees with every opportunity to grow professionally with roughly over 1,000 employees promoted year over year.
- Tuition Reimbursement. We’re as passionate about your professional development as you are. With that, we’ll put our money where our mouth is.
- Wellness Program. Health is wealth! This program includes self-guided coaching and journeys, cash incentives and discounts on your medical premiums through engaging in fun activities!
- Gratitude is Green. We offer competitive pay across the organization, because, well money matters!
- In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. So come early, take a break in your day or finish strong with a workout!
- Give Us a Reason (or not), and We’ll Celebrate. Regardless of whether there is a holiday or not, we are finding ways to kick back and enjoy each other’s company outside of day-to-day work.
- Smart-Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays. Not just lip service: we work hard, to play hard.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime Family of Brands is Great Place to Work Certified! And get this: 90% of our rockstar employees say they feel right at home here. We could spend a lot of time having you read about ALL our awards, but we’ll save time (and practice some humility) just naming a few others; Comparably Awards: Best Company for Diversity, Best Company Culture and Best Company Leadership, oh and don’t forget Phoenix Business Journal Healthiest Employers (okay, we’ll stop there)!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!