Regulatory Enforcement Counsel
What’s Under the Hood
DriveTime Family of Brands is the largest privately owned used car sales finance & servicing company in the nation. Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona and Dallas, Texas, we create opportunities and improve the lives of our customers and our employees by placing a focus on putting the right customer, in the right vehicle, on the right terms and on their path to ownership.
The DriveTime Family of Brands spans across DriveTime, Bridgecrest and SilverRock. You can find us at the intersection of technology and innovation as we use our proprietary tools and over two decades of industry knowledge to redefine the process of purchasing, financing, and protecting your vehicle.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
DriveTime Needs a Regulatory Enforcement Counsel
Think practicing law should be more than billable hours and timesheets?
Want to work with incredibly talented (and humble) people?
Want to work on incredibly diverse and wide-ranging legal topics?
Want to work in a fast pace, quick decision making, and energetic environment?
Want to do real work that impacts our business and our customers every day?
If you answered yes, read on. If not, no worries, we are not for everyone.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as Regulatory Enforcement Counsel you will work on a dedicated team of legal and compliance professionals serving our company and its diverse legal needs. You will: (1) provide lead support to a broad range of internal and external inquiries and regulatory enforcement matters originated by various government agencies supervising our industries, (2) engage directly with our supervising regulators, and (3) provide strategic advice regarding potential regulatory risk and strategy to the company. We expect engaged, energetic and high-quality client service and support. To be successful here, you need to be results oriented, dedicated to constantly learning, possess keen verbal and written communication skills, and continuously improving yourself and others.
Regulatory Enforcement Counsel is responsible for:
Research and analysis of legal and regulatory matters applicable to our diverse operations
Representing the company before and crafting responses to government agencies and regulators, and in connection with regulatory examinations, investigations, and inquiries
Consulting with and advising business leaders in areas related to regulatory enforcement
Overseeing responses to agency complaints, attorney letters, and subpoenas
Drafting of corporate strategies, policies and procedures to align with statutes, regulations, standards, and changes in industry practices
Demonstrating superb project and time management skills
Taking responsibility for making appropriate decisions and executing work plans and managing projects and others effectively
Providing support on internal and external audit matters
Developing, training, managing and mentoring compliance team members
Keeping informed of changes in regulations/legislative developments as well as industry-specific regulations and ensuring that appropriate risk management strategies are in place
Advising the company on and managing outside counsel for ongoing regulatory and legal issues
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
A mind for the details. Okay we know "detail-oriented" is on about every job description - but we really mean it!
Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize then re-prioritize again.
Constant Learner. You are always willing and looking to expand your knowledge and grow intellectually.
Quality decision maker. Good decisions are made based on knowledge. We’ll need you to gather all the facts and take them all into consideration when making decisions.
Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
Master of multi-tasking. We are looking for someone that can handle multiple matters at once and feels comfortable juggling the work load.
Comfortable being uncomfortable. You will need the ability to get out of your comfort zone to expand your skillset.
Licensed attorney with 5+ years’ progressive experience handling consumer protection matters, including managing junior employees
Experience working at, or with, governmental consumer protection regulatory entities
Experience with national law firm preferred, but not required
General legal experience in connection with regulatory supervision, examinations, investigations and inquiries
Client service focused with an excellent track record in previous client support
Nice to have.
Experience in highly regulated industries and consumer regulatory laws
Experience with consumer financial services and regulatory enforcement in both direct and indirect auto lending
Experience with data privacy regulations
So What About the Perks? Perks matter
- Medical, dental, and vision, oh my! DriveTime Family of Brands covers a sizable amount of insurance premiums to ensure our employees receive top-tier healthcare coverage.
- But Wait, There’s More. 401(K), Company paid life insurance policy, short and long-term disability coverage to name a few.
- Growth Opportunities. You grow, I grow, we all grow! But seriously, DriveTime Family of Brands is committed to providing its employees with every opportunity to grow professionally with roughly over 1,000 employees promoted year over year.
- Tuition Reimbursement. We’re as passionate about your professional development as you are. With that, we’ll put our money where our mouth is.
- Wellness Program. Health is wealth! This program includes self-guided coaching and journeys, cash incentives and discounts on your medical premiums through engaging in fun activities!
- Gratitude is Green. We offer competitive pay across the organization, because, well money matters!
- In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. So come early, take a break in your day or finish strong with a workout!
- Give Us a Reason (or not), and We’ll Celebrate. Regardless of whether there is a holiday or not, we are finding ways to kick back and enjoy each other’s company outside of day-to-day work.
- Smart-Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays. Not just lip service: we work hard, to play hard.
- Company Driver. It’s one of the coolest perks of being who we are! We’ve got your insurance, maintenance, and cost of vehicle covered; you just keep gas in the tank.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime Family of Brands is Great Place to Work Certified! And get this: 90% of our rockstar employees say they feel right at home here. We could spend a lot of time having you read about ALL our awards, but we’ll save time (and practice some humility) just naming a few others; Comparably Awards: Best Company for Diversity, Best Company Culture and Best Company Leadership, oh and don’t forget Phoenix Business Journal Healthiest Employers (okay, we’ll stop there)!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R6426