Real Estate Associate
- Real Estate
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Real Estate Associate
DriveTime is the nation’s second largest used car retailer, focused on helping people find and finance used vehicles (trust us, it’s more exciting than it sounds). We have single-handedly rebuilt, retooled, redreamed and reconfigured the way people think about driving cars, breaking apart from the industry’s status quo. For more than 14 years, DriveTime has changed the auto world from the ground up while emphasizing values, morals and growth from the inside-out!
DriveTime’s goal is to take every customer on the full path to ownership. All the way from purchasing vehicles, inspecting and selling; to financing, servicing and warranties – when it comes to owning a vehicle - we know what’s up! As motivated as we are to take our customer on the path to ownership, we are just as focused on taking our employees on the path to owning their careers. Across the nation, from our home office and call centers to our 145 retail locations and 26 inspection centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Real Estate Associate, you will report to the Assistant Director of Real Estate and will help with market analysis, site selection, and property development in order to meet growth requirements. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience with commercial real estate research and trends, managing lease and purchase contracts and understand zoning code. The ideal candidate must also possess superior communications skills and be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
In Long, as a Real Estate Associate, your responsibilities include:
- Negotiate commercial real estate terms and achieve site approvals and site relocations from the management team
- Analyze markets nationwide and determine company growth based on infrastructure, market demographics, budgeting, retail, licensing, inventory, legal, marketing, and operational challenges
- Secure support operations (Direct Managers and Senior Management) through communication, site reviews, market tours and education on site specifications and demographics.
- Collaborate with company departments to understand unique challenges in each market.
- Manage and develop relationships with nationwide network of commercial brokers, landlords, government officials and regional employees.
- Develop knowledge of commercial real estate market dynamics and trends; consolidate information in concise reports.
- Assist in the structuring of financial analysis and presentations of potential acquisition/disposition deal structures to senior management team.
- Keep track of current market activities and consolidate large amounts of data into concise reports.
Special Requirements - Travel required up to 50%
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in real estate, finance, economics, marketing, accounting or related field
- 2 years minimum experience in commercial real estate, ideally in site selection
- Experience in commercial real estate acquisition/disposition, brokerage and analytics
- Experience with CoStar or other commercial MLS sites
- Experience with Real Estate entitlement issues (zoning variance, changes, conditional use, special use, planning commission and city council meetings)
- Comprehension of lease/purchase agreement language
- Comprehension of Real Estate financing and banking transactions
- Must be organized, able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with multiple deadlines, and adapt readily to changing priorities
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft and Google Suite
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!
Need help finding the right job?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2019-27667