Project Manager, Real Estate
- Real Estate
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Real Estate Project Manager
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, the Real Estate Project Manager is responsible for managing, collaborating and delegating all aspects of the project from start to finish. Projects consist of new, renovations or rebranding of retail automotive stores, vehicle repair centers, and call centers. A large focus will be placed on allocating and overseeing all internal and external resources responsible for the project’s completion. The Real Estate Project Manager’s main objective it to complete the project to ensure the desired result is achieved within budget and schedule. The position reports to the Director of Real Estate.
In long, the Real Estate Project Manager is responsible for:
- Complete all due diligence material related to new store development.
- Work hand in hand with the Acquisitions team on newly acquired properties.
- Coordinate and designs interior and ground up projects with architects and engineers.
- Negotiate and hires all 3rd party vendor contracts in regards to specific project functions.
- Obtain all related permits or licenses required for construction and business operations.
- Oversee contractor bidding process and negotiate contracts with selected contractors.
- Construct project budget and conduct financial analysis to determine viability of project.
- Develop a schedule of milestones for project completion.
- Track project costs from bid to completion, reports results to the department.
- Delegate tasks appropriately and monitors progress to completion.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Friendly and tactful with the ability to influence others, effectively manage conflict, exercise sound judgment, effectively manage highly sensitive and confidential information, interact at all levels within the organization, and build cross-functional partnerships across the business
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Help manage the flow of facility request of current locations including processing tickets through direct communication with contractors and vendors for problem resolution as well as direct loopback communication with internal staff.
- Manage the hard and electronic files for all construction projects.
- Participate in annual CapEx budget planning and provide feedback on future projects and budgets
- Understand the company real estate specifications and reevaluate on a periodic basis for cost savings and availability.
- Coordinate and run project meetings with 3rd party vendors and/or internal resources
Nice to Haves.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years full-time project management experience or other relevant experience
- Demonstrate ability to identify project risks, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
- Ability to interact with external client organizations and vendors.
- Strong construction document knowledge.
- Experience and understanding of building construction, permit & zoning process, and inspections.
- Knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, and signage for brand consistency.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!