Production Engineer Manager
DriveTime needs a Production Engineer Manager!
Headquartered in Tempe, AZ & Dallas, TX, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 140 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. Across the nation, from our home office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Production Engineer Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the production system is operating in a cost-effective manner while maintaining DriveTime quality standards.
In long, our Production Engineer Manager is responsible for:
- Optimize operational efficiencies through business proposals/presentations on continuous process improvements, cost savings and reduction initiatives.
- Analyze processes, schedules, techniques and data to best understand requirements and needs of production
- Support daily operations with troubleshooting, workflow/routing, labor standards
- Ensure all production processes are in compliance with local and federal laws and regulations
- Evaluate and make recommendations to tools/equipment for the purpose of maintaining production - maintenance, replacement, etc.
- Assess, identify, and prioritize the elimination of waste in the production system.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma, and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. An attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change. You will need a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Strategic thinker. We are looking for an individual that takes an insightful, future-oriented, open-minded, and proactive approach to think.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with improvement examples
- Proficiency with CAD solid modeling tools or equivalent
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated hands-on mechanical aptitude with the ability to work across disciplines
Nice to Haves.
- Six Sigma experience/understanding
- 3D modeling/printing experience
- CNC programming/operation
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top 5 Best Places to Work 2021 for our great culture and one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted Best Company for Woman and Best Company for Diversity; no matter your make or model, you are always welcome on our lot - so come join us!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 8 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break - no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and foosball if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 20 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!