- Information Technology
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs Product Owners
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. Across the nation, from our home office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In Short, as a product owner for the Business Intelligence and Application Development groups at Drivetime you’ll be responsible for the communication, coordination, planning and delivery of projects that flow through the team. You will work with wide variety of business and IT stake holders to help the team achieve their technology goals in an organized and timely manner.
In long, our Product Owners are responsible for:
- Acting as liaison between business and development team to help clarify requests.
- Working with tech leads to create short/long term project plans including milestones and phases
- Managing and organizing project boards
- Working with business and tech leads to document/flesh out up next projects
- Ensuring business value and high-level scope are clearly defined
- Serving as gatekeeper for high-level requirements
- Obtaining consensus on project scope through conversations with business stakeholders and tech leads
- Organizing and collecting business/technical requirements
- Managing project plan execution
- Looking for execution efficiencies and adjusting timelines and targets as needed
- Providing frequent communication to business on project status
- Helping test solutions to ensure they meet business expectations
- Serving as point of contact for projects involving multiple units to ensure efficient cross-team coordination
- Setting up project Demos with business stake holders
- Holding postmortems (retros) to evaluate lessons learned
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma, and competence for a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences including management.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Friendly and tactful with the ability to influence others, effectively manage conflict, exercise sound judgment, interact at all levels within the organization, and build cross-functional partnerships across the business.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Works well in a time crunch. There will be multiple time sensitive requirements and you’ll need the ability to meet deliverable due dates.
- Fantastic problem solver. You’ll need to ask the right questions and put pieces of the puzzle together between business and development teams.
- Passionate and goal oriented. We are looking for someone that is enthusiastic about their work and is passionate about not only meeting their goals but exceeding them.
- Bachelor’s degree required, bachelor’s degree in business or MBA preferred
- 2+ years of Product Analyst or relevant experience in fast paced business environment
- High level knowledge on various project management methodologies (i.e. agile/scrum)
- Experience in capturing and articulating business requirements to agile development teams
- Basic understanding of writing SQL queries (T-SQL and/or SnowSQL)
- Experience using Microsoft product suite: Word, Excel, Visio, Project (Or other various project management tools such as monday.com or Jira)
- Experience working with Business Intelligence teams is a plus!