- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
What’s under the hood:
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team! Now is your chance to be a part of the coveted 2022 DriveTime Summer Internship Program in Tempe, AZ.
Alright I’m hooked. So What’s the Job?
Retail Operations Interns help us focus on what drives business to our dealerships and finds new and creative ways to support our retail stores. You will gain hands on experience working on projects that truly impact the performance of the company. Get involved with different projects & initiatives ranging from helping execute the company’s next facilitated training program, analyze engagement, creating employee onboarding and retention training, and more! You will be given the opportunity to assist in the training development process, work closely with other business units, and present your projects to company leadership during the internship.
Along with gaining hands-on industry experience in your field, you will:
- Participate in a volunteer project with the local community
- Gain a deeper understanding of our business model and where you fit in via local site tours and various department overviews
- Attend Friday workshops facilitated by our Executive Leadership team covering topics such as: time management, compliance, personal branding, leadership & more!
- Our internship program will be 11 weeks starting May 2022 to August 2022
- Internships will be based out of our Home Office in Tempe, AZ
- You can expect a regular schedule Monday-Friday, 25-35 hours per week
What do you need?
- You are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- You are currently in your Junior and Senior year
- You are concentrating with the major(s) of Business, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Instructional Design, Instructional Systems, Public Relations, Real Estate, Educational Psychology and Technology, Media Productions or related fields.
- You’re studying and working hard and have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- In-House Gym. We want our people to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer an In-house gym for you to use anytime!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers! Our goal is have a career waiting for you after your summer internship with DriveTime! Last year, 64% of our Interns stayed onboard after the program after the summer!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.