Manager, Vendor Management
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Manager, Vendor Management
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Manager, Vendor Management you will centralize the management of external Talent vendors to avoid risk, reduce spend, improve efficiency and enhance the quality of vendor relationships and their respective products and/or services. The Manager, Vendor Management will manage day-to-day talent vendor relationships and requests as well as managing temporary worker projects across the business. The Manager will oversee talent and supplier inquiries, track and ensure fulfillment of requests, reporting, and participating in the development and deployment of process efficiencies. They will partner with and advise stakeholders on appropriate use of vendors for their respective Talent channels.
- Research, evaluate, select and negotiate terms with new Talent vendors
- Operate as a single point of contact for temporary/contractor projects with the vendors and business units. Obtain the needs of the business and work with the appropriate vendors to fulfill those needs.
- Manage short and long term temp agency recruiting outsource projects, monitoring performance of temporary workers and making necessary adjustments with the vendor.
- Assist in establishing the appropriate compensation programs for temporary worker projects.
- Manage onboarding and offboarding of all vendors, including necessary documentation, where appropriate
- Manage vendor MSA's within Employee Experience.
- Responsible for analyzing vendor performance and presenting key insights, concerns and successes to leadership
- Prepare necessary communications to be leveraged both internally and externally
- Oversee annual relationship meetings with strategic vendors and stakeholders to discuss past performance and future goals with an emphasis on building a long-term partnership that will in turn, improve quality of services
- Manage the storage of program documentation (i.e. deliverables, program guidelines, metrics, contracts, etc.)
This role will be critical in the quality management of vendors, proper documentation management, identifying business solutions, efficiencies and savings when utilizing third parties across the organization.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Collaborative contributor. You need the ability to coordinate and supervise staff while remaining an individual contributor to the team
- Experience working with temporary / contractor vendors
- Solid project management, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Able to take direction and ownership of very detailed and complex processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex and sensitive issues to internal and external audiences in a clear and persuasive manner
- Strong Microsoft Office skills are required: including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must be able to deliver tough messages on vendor performance, when necessary
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!