Logistics Coordinator I
What’s Under the Hood
DriveTime Family of Brands is the largest privately owned used car sales finance & servicing company in the nation. Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona and Dallas, Texas, we create opportunities and improve the lives of our customers and our employees by placing a focus on putting the right customer, in the right vehicle, on the right terms and on their path to ownership.
You can find DriveTime’s tire tracks across the nation with dealerships where we embrace a transparent pricing approach, eliminating haggling and gimmicks and reconditioning centers where we breathe new life into pre-owned vehicles. Regardless of where you’re located, if you’ve got DRIVE and you’re looking to make an impact, we’d love for you to make a difference with us!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, Logistic Specialists are responsible for managing their assigned markets. Specifically, Specialists build and manage their own vendor network, prioritize competing objectives, arrange, and dispatch over 35,000 moves per year. Annually, each Specialist will manage inventory valued over $120 million.
In long, the Logistics Specialist is responsible for:
Manage day to day responsibilities while managing costs, time efficiencies, and delivering a high-level of customer service to both internal and external customers
Exhibit sound logic and problem-solving skills in day-to-day tasks
Dispatcher for inbound, outbound, and reverse inventory moves
Coordinate and follow up on all transportation requests to ensure service level agreements are met.
Enforce standards with DriveTime’s preferred carriers
Serve as the liaison between DriveTime’s internal partners and carriers.
Manages assigned Transport VivaDesk Tickets
Utilize a variety of software for tracking progress, maintaining records and performing research.
Research and update leadership on aged allocations (outbound inventory)
Communicate effectively in person, phone, and email
High School Degree required. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Strong communication and negotiation skills are required to build and maintain business relationships.
Strong background in business processes, decision making, and working in a result-driven environment.
Strong Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) skills.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter
- Medical, dental, and vision, oh my! DriveTime Family of Brands covers a sizable amount of insurance premiums to ensure our employees receive top-tier healthcare coverage.
- But Wait, There’s More. 401(K), Company paid life insurance policy, short and long-term disability coverage to name a few.
- Growth Opportunities. You grow, I grow, we all grow! But seriously, DriveTime Family of Brands is committed to providing its employees with every opportunity to grow professionally with roughly over 1,000 employees promoted year over year.
- Tuition Reimbursement. We’re as passionate about your professional development as you are. With that, we’ll put our money where our mouth is.
- Wellness Program. Health is wealth! This program includes self-guided coaching and journeys, cash incentives and discounts on your medical premiums through engaging in fun activities!
- Gratitude is Green. We offer competitive pay across the organization, because, well money matters!
- In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. So come early, take a break in your day or finish strong with a workout!
- Give Us a Reason (or not), and We’ll Celebrate. Regardless of whether there is a holiday or not, we are finding ways to kick back and enjoy each other’s company outside of day-to-day work.
- Smart-Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- 11 Days of PTO and 8 Paid Holidays. Not just lip service: we work hard, to play hard.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime Family of Brands is Great Place to Work Certified! And get this: 90% of our rockstar employees say they feel right at home here. We could spend a lot of time having you read about ALL our awards, but we’ll save time (and practice some humility) just naming a few others; Comparably Awards: Best Company for Diversity, Best Company Culture and Best Company Leadership, oh and don’t forget Phoenix Business Journal Healthiest Employers (okay, we’ll stop there)!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!