Inventory Acquisition Specialist I
- Business Unit
- Inspection Center
- 3151 S Noland Rd
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs an Inventory Acquisition Specialist
What’s under the hood:
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 20 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 5,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a DriveTime IAS you will manage your own markets and purchase quality inventory for dealerships nationwide. You will build and maintain strong business relationships with auctions around the country. The average DriveTime IAS will be responsible for purchasing approximately $30 million worth of vehicles annually!
In long, you will:
- Analyzes market for trends in vehicle wholesale values.
- Represents DriveTime at auctions nationwide.
- Buyer will purchase approximately 3,100 units per year.
- Manages their own inventory throughout the supply chain life cycle.
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with auction personnel, external vendors and internal partners.
- Partners with DriveTime Inspection Centers on repair estimates and wholesale decisions.
- 50-60% travel required. Will vary based on assigned auctions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Operate autonomously. This isn’t a “hold your hand” kind of role. We give you autonomy to be creative in your space and do your thing. We need an individual that is self-motivated to get the work done and get the work done well.
- Quality decision maker. Good decisions are made based on knowledge. We’ll need you to gather all the facts and take them all into consideration when making decisions.
- Level headed. You’ll need the ability to maintain personal composure when confronted with a difficult situation.
- Strategic thinker. We are looking for an individual that takes an insightful, future oriented, open-minded and proactive approach to thinking.
- College Degree preferred
- Strong background in business processes, decision making, and working in a result-driven environment.
- Must have strong work ethic, a demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, strong attention to detail skills, and negotiation skills.
- Continuously build and maintain strong internal and external relationships while demonstrating a professional demeanor.
- Ability to adapt to change
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.