Insurance Regulatory Compliance Counsel
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs an Insurance Regulatory Compliance Counsel…
Think practicing law should be more than billable hours and timesheets?
Want to work with incredibly talented (and humble) people?
Want to work on incredibly diverse and wide-ranging legal topics?
Want to work in a fast pace, quick decision making, and energetic environment?
Want to do real work that impacts our business and our customers every day?
If you answered yes, read on. If not, no worries, we are not for everyone.
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
At DriveTime, we are most than just a used car dealership. We have an entire family of brands that consist of auto retail but finance, warranties, ancillary products and insurance. BlueShore is the insurance arm of the organization where we underwrite insurance products uniquely tailored for our affiliates and their consumers who purchase, lease and/or finance used automobiles.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as Insurance Regulatory Compliance Counsel you will work on a dedicated team of legal and compliance professionals serving our company and its diverse legal needs. You will: (1) provide legal advice related to a broad range of business initiatives to ensure that the company grows, evolves and innovates in a compliant manner, (2) act as a leader within the team and demonstrate a mastery of relevant insurance laws, rules and regulations, and (3) provide advice regarding potential regulatory risk and strategy to the company. We expect engaged, energetic and high-quality client service and support. To be successful here, you need to be results oriented, dedicated to constantly learning, and continuously improving yourself and others.
Insurance Regulatory Compliance Counsel is responsible for:
- Research and analysis of legal and regulatory matters applicable to our growing operation
- Ensuring policies, forms and administration are compliant with all applicable laws
- Consulting with and advising business leaders in areas related to regulatory compliance
- Proactively monitors and analyzes changes in laws, regulations, and industry and notifies of stakeholders of such changes
- Subject matter expertise related to regulatory compliance in areas such as holding company filings, licensing, insurance advertising, data privacy and information security, payments, and insurance administration, among others
- Lead all market conduct compliance efforts
- Advising the company on and managing outside counsel for ongoing regulatory and legal issues
- Creating a positive work environment that fosters open communication and selfless leadership
- Encouraging collaboration and inclusivity to explore best solutions and business enhancements
- Oversee regular monitoring and testing of compliance controls
- Oversee statistical and other similar informational requests and reporting to state insurance departments
- Routinely seek information from business leaders and employees regarding compliance issues and concerns
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Constant Learner. You are always willing and looking to expand your knowledge and grow intellectually.
- Quality decision maker. Good decisions are made based on knowledge. We’ll need you to gather all the facts and take them all into consideration when making decisions.
- Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
- Master of multi-tasking. We are looking for someone that can handle multiple matters at once and feels comfortable juggling the work load.
- Comfortable being uncomfortable. You will need the ability to get out of your comfort zone to expand your skillset.
- Licensed attorney with 8+ years’ experience handling property and casualty insurance regulatory compliance matters
- Experience in insurance regulatory filings and forms
- Experience with private passenger auto insurance preferred
- General legal experience in connection with consumer protection laws
- Experience managing insurance department examinations
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted one of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Generous PTO and Holiday Policy. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!