In Lane Inventory Specialist
What’s Under the Hood
DriveTime Family of Brands is the largest privately owned used car sales finance & servicing company in the nation. Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona and Dallas, Texas, we create opportunities and improve the lives of our customers and our employees by placing a focus on putting the right customer, in the right vehicle, on the right terms and on their path to ownership.
You can find DriveTime’s tire tracks across the nation with dealerships where we embrace a transparent pricing approach, eliminating haggling and gimmicks and reconditioning centers where we breathe new life into pre-owned vehicles. Regardless of where you’re located, if you’ve got DRIVE and you’re looking to make an impact, we’d love for you to make a difference with us!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a DriveTime In-Lane Buyer you will build relationships with auctions around the country. You will manage your own markets and purchase great quality inventory for dealerships nationwide. The average DriveTime Buyer will be responsible for purchasing approximately $22 million worth of vehicles annually!
- Monitors used automobile market for trends in vehicle values.
- Attends auctions to buy cars that meet DriveTime requirements. Will purchase approximately 2,500 units per year.
- Manage the liquidation process for repossessions, trade ins and reject inventory.
- Maintains ongoing customer relations with Auction Personnel and Fleet Representatives.
- Partner with DriveTime Inspection Center on repair and wholesale decisions.
- Travel to out of market Auctions is required from 50%- 75% of the time. (up to 90 miles one way, max.)
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
$65,000 Salary + Cell phone allowance
High School or GED required.
Strong background in business processes, decision-making, and working in a results-driven environment.
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Must reside near or around PA, NJ, or DE areas.
Company Vehicle: We cover insurance and wear & tear! (Clean driving record required, 3-year span)
Hybrid role: Requires 2-3 day/night of travel to and from Repair Centers/ Auctions, Dealerships, etc.
Requires day/night travel for training purposes: First 8-9 weeks.
The travel expectation is either a drive or flight to the following locations where repair centers and auctions are located:
- Long Island, NY also NY City
- Boston, MA
- Allentown, PA
Nice to Haves.
College degree preferred.
Some experience in logistics, supply chain, and/or purchasing is a plus but not a must.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter
- Medical, dental, and vision, oh my! DriveTime Family of Brands covers a sizable amount of insurance premiums to ensure our employees receive top-tier healthcare coverage.
- But Wait, There’s More. 401(K), Company paid life insurance policy, short and long-term disability coverage to name a few.
- Growth Opportunities. You grow, I grow, we all grow! But seriously, DriveTime Family of Brands is committed to providing its employees with every opportunity to grow professionally with roughly over 1,000 employees promoted year over year.
- Tuition Reimbursement. We’re as passionate about your professional development as you are. With that, we’ll put our money where our mouth is.
- Wellness Program. Health is wealth! This program includes self-guided coaching and journeys, cash incentives and discounts on your medical premiums through engaging in fun activities!
- Gratitude is Green. We offer competitive pay across the organization, because, well money matters!
- No Customers. No worries. Just do what you love. Repair cars.
- Consistent Work Schedule. We are strong believers in work/life balance. We’re closed on Sundays to give our employees valued time with family and friends.
- No Weekends, No Problems. Take it easy on the weekends (the only exception is during our peak season when business is booming).
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays. Not just lip service: we work hard, to play hard.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime Family of Brands is Great Place to Work Certified! And get this: 90% of our rockstar employees say they feel right at home here. We could spend a lot of time having you read about ALL our awards, but we’ll save time (and practice some humility) just naming a few others; Comparably Awards: Best Company for Diversity, Best Company Culture and Best Company Leadership, oh and don’t forget Phoenix Business Journal Healthiest Employers (okay, we’ll stop there)!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R6059