- HR Support
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs an HR Manager
What’s under the hood:
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 120+ dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as an HR Manager will serve as the leader of our HR compliance and operations team with a focus on pre-boarding, onboarding and off-boarding. The Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and remain in-the-know on state and local employment laws to initiate and manage policy and procedures to remain compliant.
In long, our HR Manager is responsible for:
- Lead our HR team focused on background screening, I-9’s, Unemployment claim management, document management and retention, and compliance.
- Coach, develop, and supervise the Talent Support Coordinators and their day-to-day operations.
- Display a broad knowledge of HR policies and regulations to ensure compliance
- Manage internal Immigration services for new hires and employees in partnership with outside counsel
- Partner with Director, HRIS and internal stake holders to find efficiencies in day-to-day processes and Workday systems
- Drive creative and time-saving improvements to the onboarding and off-boarding processes to positively impact the employee experience for candidates, new hires, and team members
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Minimum 2-3 years supervisory/team management in Human Resources or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in Human Resources with at least 5 years of experience and basic understanding of federal and state compliance laws, onboarding, offboarding, immigration policies, I-9s.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.