General Operations Manager - 2nd Shift
That's Nice, but What Does a Reconditioning Center Operations Manager do?
In short, the Reconditioning Center Operations Manager is responsible for assisting in the management of all aspects of the Reconditioning Center, including bottom line management, workflow, performance management, and quality assurance resolution. The Operations Manager must be able to meet goals and make sure that all vehicles purchased at auction meet our standards and are able to come with the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty we supply our customers before they are sent to our retail stores for final sale.
In long, the Reconditioning Center Operations Manager is responsible for:
- Ensure the dealerships are constantly supplied with a sufficient variety of high-quality vehicles to meet their sales demand.
- Achieve bottom line management objectives through the effective management of the Inspection Center team, operating expenses, efficiency, quality, and productivity.
- Work with regional management and buyer team to establish supply chain goals.
- Complete recruiting, screening, and hiring of the Inspection Center team members using methods designed to reduce turnover and improve performance.
- Hold regularly scheduled meetings with all Inspection Center staff.
- Ensure Team Leads are effectively training and developing their direct reports.
- Evaluate Inspection Center team performance and give feedback constantly, regularly, and in a timely manner based on both observations of performance, behavior, and a review of performance statistics.
- Assist in the completion and conduct of performance evaluations.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Sundays off. We’re closed to give our employees valued time with family and friends.
- Full Benefits. 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- No customers. You do, what you do best - fix cars and work as a team.
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within with over 1,000 employees promoted last year.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!