General Manager in Training
What’s Under the Hood
DriveTime Family of Brands is the largest privately owned used car sales finance & servicing company in the nation. Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona and Dallas, Texas, we create opportunities and improve the lives of our customers and our employees by placing a focus on putting the right customer, in the right vehicle, on the right terms and on their path to ownership.
You can find DriveTime’s tire tracks across the nation with dealerships where we embrace a transparent pricing approach, eliminating haggling and gimmicks and reconditioning centers where we breathe new life into pre-owned vehicles. Regardless of where you’re located, if you’ve got DRIVE and you’re looking to make an impact, we’d love for you to make a difference with us!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, Our Management Training program leverages your existing leadership skills, tunes them to our business philosophy, and gets you ready to run your own store as a General Manager in 6-12 Months. We are more than your typical traditional dealership! With our no-haggle, set price approach, you get to focus on the customers’ experience and not on getting the highest price. We'll give you the right training and the right tools to help you to accelerate your career.
In long, you will:
Provide guidance and strategic planning for the dealership concerning sales goals.
Achieve sales volume and profitability objectives utilizing all sales channels in a continually changing environment.
Implement and execute all company-wide marketing initiatives to maximize their impact and to help meet or exceed sales goals.
Train and develop employees to advance through a career path.
Identify referral source prospects for the dealership, create a strategy to develop relationships with prospects, and monitor and maintain positive referral source relationships.
Conduct sales meetings to motivate and share successful selling techniques and skills.
Develop and enhance customer relationships by establishing, promoting, and maintaining excellent customer service with sales operations.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter
- Medical, dental, and vision, oh my! DriveTime Family of Brands covers a sizable amount of insurance premiums to ensure our employees receive top-tier healthcare coverage.
- But Wait, There’s More. 401(K), Company paid life insurance policy, short and long-term disability coverage to name a few.
- Growth Opportunities. You grow, I grow, we all grow! But seriously, DriveTime Family of Brands is committed to providing its employees with every opportunity to grow professionally with roughly over 1,000 employees promoted year over year.
- Tuition Reimbursement. We’re as passionate about your professional development as you are. With that, we’ll put our money where our mouth is.
- Wellness Program. Health is wealth! This program includes self-guided coaching and journeys, cash incentives and discounts on your medical premiums through engaging in fun activities!
- Gratitude is Green. We offer competitive pay across the organization, because, well money matters!
- Consistent Work Schedule. We are strong believers in work/life balance. We’re closed on Sundays to give our employees valued time with family and friends.
- Teamwork, Makes the Dream Work. Be part of a winning team and get winning results. Monthly bonus share, sales contests, and other perks to recognize a job well done.
- World Class Training and Development. Starting as a Customer Sales Guide, you can quickly certify on higher levels and prepare for the next role with our manager training programs.
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays. Not just lip service: we work hard, to play hard.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime Family of Brands is Great Place to Work Certified! And get this: 90% of our rockstar employees say they feel right at home here. We could spend a lot of time having you read about ALL our awards, but we’ll save time (and practice some humility) just naming a few others; Comparably Awards: Best Company for Diversity, Best Company Culture and Best Company Leadership, oh and don’t forget Phoenix Business Journal Healthiest Employers (okay, we’ll stop there)!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!