Employee Relations Specialist
- HR Support
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs an Employee Relations Specialist
DriveTime is the nation’s second largest used car retailer, focused on helping people find and finance used vehicles (trust us, it’s more exciting than it sounds). We have single-handedly rebuilt, retooled, redreamed and reconfigured the way people think about driving cars, breaking apart from the industry’s status quo. For more than 14 years, DriveTime has changed the auto world from the ground up while emphasizing values, morals and growth from the inside-out!
DriveTime’s goal is to take every customer on the full path to ownership. All the way from purchasing vehicles, inspecting and selling; to financing, servicing and warranties – when it comes to owning a vehicle - we know what’s up! As motivated as we are to take our customer on the path to ownership, we are just as focused on taking our employees on the path to owning their careers. Across the nation, from our home office and call centers to our 145 retail locations and 26 inspection centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
The Talent Support Team supports DriveTime managers and employees in maintaining a consistent, fair and engaging company culture. As a core contributor towards this goal, our Employee Relations Specialists hold responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Partnering directly with DriveTime’s management, from all departments, on Performance Management actions and documentation;
- Receiving and fielding phone calls and email communication from the field relating to Employee Relations from management and employees within the Company;
- Identifying Performance Management trends to assist business units with proactive solutions;
- Providing coaching and guidance to DriveTime’s management and employees regarding company policy, practices and standards;
- Partnering with appropriate parties on Talent Support related issues: IE: Leave of Absence, Legal, Benefits, Payroll, Unemployment etc.;
- Performing other related duties as required and assigned.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Collaborative contributor. You need the ability to coordinate and brainstorm with team members while remaining an individual contributor to the team.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Fantastic problem solver. Your job is not only to find the problem, but more importantly, find the solution.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 1-3 years of professional experience in area(s) such as:
- Employee Relations
- Human Resources
- Excellent written, verbal communication and listening skills required
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to interact with customers, managers, and co-workers in a professional, courteous manner
- Demonstrated ability to act with integrity and respect at all times and in all situations ensuring compliance with any/all standards, regulations and processes
- Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities/deadlines
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills (Excel, Access, Word, etc.).
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!
Need help finding the right job?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2019-28266