Director, Retail Analytics
What’s Under the Hood
DriveTime Family of Brands is the largest privately owned used car sales finance & servicing company in the nation. Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona and Dallas, Texas, we create opportunities and improve the lives of our customers and our employees by placing a focus on putting the right customer, in the right vehicle, on the right terms and on their path to ownership.
You can find DriveTime’s tire tracks across the nation with dealerships where we embrace a transparent pricing approach, eliminating haggling and gimmicks and reconditioning centers where we breathe new life into pre-owned vehicles. Regardless of where you’re located, if you’ve got DRIVE and you’re looking to make an impact, we’d love for you to make a difference with us!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
The Director of Retail Analytics will be responsible for facilitating and guiding the strategic planning, insight, performance, execution, and accountability with the collective retail leadership team. Includes centralized and decentralized customer experience journeys and insights, dealership performance and market share strategies and analytics, performance reasoning and resource guidance and workflow optimization. Ownership of these responsibilities in partnership with Operations, IT, Product, Risk, Data Science and Strategic Partnerships in an integrated and clear direction will drive our growth and profitability for the Retail Organization.
Guide and enhance strategic retail roadmap and project valuation in collaboration with Senior leaders, Product, Risk and Operations to ensure the success of the Retail Organization.
Develop the analytical framework and reporting tools to enhance our Go-to-Market strategy for our upcoming retail expansion.
Create high-impact, unique localized market strategies that tell the story for each market on where we currently stand and how we acquire and improve our market share.
Leverage data from our footprint of 130+ stores in over 30 states with tens of millions of customer interactions, and a suite of operational metrics and external data points to generate critical reporting and insight that will guide our retail strategies and performance.
Retail financial optimization on dealership performance, optimized and efficient people cost structure and overall profitability targets to meet our future needs.
Testing and optimization of centralized contact strategy, dealership messaging and outreach and merchandising processes.
Lead a team in developing hypothesis-driven customer and competitive growth strategies through the use of data, analytics, industry findings, and cross-functional partnerships.
Accountable for Retail organizations performance and execution through analysis, insight sharing, operational partnerships and resource utilization.
Understand how customers shop online and in stores and use strategic thinking and innovation to create seamless and fresh experiences for our customers.
Have an incredible focus on operational excellence, resource optimization and getting the fundamentals right, while identifying opportunities for efficiency and improvement.
Guide the evolution of how our people and systems grow and connect together through the development and implementation of new products and features while working in deep collaboration with Product, IT, Risk, Pricing and Operations.
Create new framework for how we communicate performance and insights in a more user-friendly real-time environment.
Lead the alignment of best-in-class analytics in partnership with accounting and finance leaders from across the enterprise, serving as the strategic liaison between Retail and the Risk, Pricing, and Data Science community to show how we value our decisions and with Operations in our ability to execute upon our strategies.
Be a visionary constantly looking for ways to set us apart from the competition, driving new and enhanced functionality to make the shopping experience easy and convenient.
Drive customer-centric thinking across the retail organization and develop a rich understanding of our customer’s needs and motivations as well as the role we can serve in being able to meet those needs.
Responsible for supporting and owning special projects that span across the organization and require complex problem solving, operational execution and strategic decisioning.
4+ years’ experience in leadership or people management roles
8+ years’ experience in analytics, finance, business consulting or other related field
Bachelors degree required; MBA is a plus
Strong financial and analytical acumen; ability to translate data into insight and excellent attention to detail
So What About the Perks? Perks matter
- Medical, dental, and vision, oh my! DriveTime Family of Brands covers a sizable amount of insurance premiums to ensure our employees receive top-tier healthcare coverage.
- But Wait, There’s More. 401(K), Company paid life insurance policy, short and long-term disability coverage to name a few.
- Growth Opportunities. You grow, I grow, we all grow! But seriously, DriveTime Family of Brands is committed to providing its employees with every opportunity to grow professionally with roughly over 1,000 employees promoted year over year.
- Tuition Reimbursement. We’re as passionate about your professional development as you are. With that, we’ll put our money where our mouth is.
- Wellness Program. Health is wealth! This program includes self-guided coaching and journeys, cash incentives and discounts on your medical premiums through engaging in fun activities!
- Gratitude is Green. We offer competitive pay across the organization, because, well money matters!
- In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. So come early, take a break in your day or finish strong with a workout!
- Give Us a Reason (or not), and We’ll Celebrate. Regardless of whether there is a holiday or not, we are finding ways to kick back and enjoy each other’s company outside of day-to-day work.
- Smart-Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays. Not just lip service: we work hard, to play hard.
- Company Driver. It’s one of the coolest perks of being who we are! We’ve got your insurance, maintenance, and cost of vehicle covered; you just keep gas in the tank.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime Family of Brands is Great Place to Work Certified! And get this: 90% of our rockstar employees say they feel right at home here. We could spend a lot of time having you read about ALL our awards, but we’ll save time (and practice some humility) just naming a few others; Comparably Awards: Best Company for Diversity, Best Company Culture and Best Company Leadership, oh and don’t forget Phoenix Business Journal Healthiest Employers (okay, we’ll stop there)!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!