Director, Loss Mitigation
- Bridgecrest Leadership
- Business Unit
- 7457 E Hampton Ave
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Director, Loss Mitigation
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
At DriveTime, we do more than just sell used cars, we also finance them through our very own company Bridgecrest. Bridgecrest is one of the country’s leading financial services providers that services roughly $10 billion in finance receivables for DriveTime and other third parties. We service auto loans across a wide credit spectrum with the intent of creating a strong path to vehicle ownership for its customers.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Director of Loss Mitigation, you will be responsible for planning, evaluating and continuously improving key aspects of Bridgecrest’s loss mitigation processes, including the development, implementation and administration of strategies to assist customers and mitigate loss.
In long, the Director of Loss Mitigation is responsible for:
- Planning, developing, communicating, implementing and assessing strategic initiatives in the following areas: reinstatements/redemptions, bankruptcy servicing, insurance losses, settlements and deficiency balance collections.
- Collaborating with analytics to design and analyze key performance indicators that develop business insights and areas of opportunity.
- Partnering broadly within Bridgecrest servicing to accelerate change and ensure a consistent customer experience.
- Developing and managing a Senior Operational leadership team.
- Improving processes leading to material increases in profitability.
- Maximizing enterprise values via process improvement, systematic tool development and analytical design of experiments.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Intellectual curiosity. Why? What? How? Do you find yourself always wanting to learn more and broaden your knowledge base? If so, this could be the role for you.
- Leadership material. We are looking for someone that can lead, manage and grow within our organization.
- Part of your job will be working in conjunction with various corporate groups to achieve corporate and ground goals.
- Passionate and goal-oriented. We are looking for someone that is enthusiastic about their work and is passionate about not only meeting their goals but exceeding them.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. An attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change. You’ll need a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Strategic thinker. We are looking for an individual that takes an insightful, future oriented, open-minded and proactive approach to thinking.
- Takes a hold of the wheel. You’ll need to take the initiative and be comfortable doing so.
- Self-aware. Are you able to look in the mirror and take action on what you see?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related discipline.
- 5+ years of operations and leadership experience.
- Experience in recovery and/or loss mitigation
- Ability to lead large cross functional teams.
- Proven history of process improvement leading to material increases in profitability.
- Strong history in building and leading teams.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!