Director, Accounting Process Innovation
What’s Under the Hood
DriveTime Family of Brands is the largest privately owned used car sales finance & servicing company in the nation. Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona and Dallas, Texas, we create opportunities and improve the lives of our customers and our employees by placing a focus on putting the right customer, in the right vehicle, on the right terms and on their path to ownership.
The DriveTime Family of Brands spans across DriveTime, Bridgecrest and SilverRock. You can find us at the intersection of technology and innovation as we use our proprietary tools and over two decades of industry knowledge to redefine the process of purchasing, financing, and protecting your vehicle.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
Responsibilities of the Job (Or Better Known as, Your Next Destination)
In long, the Director of Accounting Process Innovation will be responsible for driving continuous improvement and innovation within the accounting department. This leader will oversee the enhancement of accounting controls, efficiency, and overall effectiveness of the accounting processes. Responsibilities will include the following.
In short, the Director of Accounting Process Innovation is responsible for:
- Lead and Manage Process Improvement Team: Lead accounting department initiatives focused on identifying, analyzing, and implementing process improvements across various accounting functions.
- Collaborate Across Functions: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements, challenges, and opportunities, and develop innovative solutions that align with the organization's strategic goals.
- Evaluate Processes, Systems, and Controls: Evaluate existing accounting processes, systems, and controls to identify areas for improvement, automation, and streamlining.
- Develop Process Innovation Roadmap: Develop and execute a comprehensive process innovation roadmap, outlining short-term and long-term objectives, milestones, and success metrics.
- Stay Current with Industry Trends: Stay current with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies related to accounting, finance, and process optimization.
- Initiate and Manage Projects: Initiate and oversee projects aimed at enhancing the efficiency and accuracy of financial reporting, compliance, and data management.
- Implement Technology Solutions: Partner with IT and other relevant departments to implement technology solutions that support process innovation, including the evaluation of new accounting software and tools.
- Monitor Performance Metrics: Define and monitor key performance indicators and metrics to track the impact of process innovations and improvements on the department's performance.
- Present Progress Reports: Prepare and present regular reports to senior management, highlighting the progress of process innovation initiatives, benefits realized, and future opportunities.
- Lead Change Management Efforts: Lead change management efforts associated with process innovations, ensuring smooth transitions, user adoption, and alignment with company initiatives.
- Identify and Mitigate Risks: Identify potential risks and control gaps related to process changes and innovations and collaborate with internal audit and compliance teams to mitigate these risks effectively.
- Develop Training Programs: Develop training programs for accounting staff to ensure proper understanding and adoption of new processes and technologies.
- Establish Standardized Procedures: Establish standardized procedures and workflows across the accounting department to improve consistency, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Manage Budget Allocation: Manage the budget allocated for process innovation initiatives, ensuring resources are allocated effectively to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ensure Compliance Alignment: Stay updated on changes in accounting and financial regulations, ensuring that process innovations align with compliance requirements.
- Maintain Documentation: Maintain thorough documentation of process changes, rationale, and outcomes for future reference and audit purposes. Create Process Visualizations: Create detailed process maps and flowcharts to visualize current and proposed workflows, facilitating better understanding and communication of process changes.
- Must have a minimum of 7-10+ years of operations and leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related discipline.
- Ability to lead large projects working with multiple teams and processes.
- Proven history of process improvement leading to material increases in efficiency and risk reduction.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter
- Medical, dental, and vision, oh my! DriveTime Family of Brands covers a sizable amount of insurance premiums to ensure our employees receive top-tier healthcare coverage.
- But Wait, There’s More. 401(K), Company paid life insurance policy, short and long-term disability coverage to name a few.
- Growth Opportunities. You grow, I grow, we all grow! But seriously, DriveTime Family of Brands is committed to providing its employees with every opportunity to grow professionally with roughly over 1,000 employees promoted year over year.
- Tuition Reimbursement. We’re as passionate about your professional development as you are. With that, we’ll put our money where our mouth is.
- Wellness Program. Health is wealth! This program includes self-guided coaching and journeys, cash incentives and discounts on your medical premiums through engaging in fun activities!
- Gratitude is Green. We offer competitive pay across the organization, because, well money matters!
- In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. So come early, take a break in your day or finish strong with a workout!
- Give Us a Reason (or not), and We’ll Celebrate. Regardless of whether there is a holiday or not, we are finding ways to kick back and enjoy each other’s company outside of day-to-day work.
- Smart-Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays. Not just lip service: we work hard, to play hard.
- Company Driver. It’s one of the coolest perks of being who we are! We’ve got your insurance, maintenance, and cost of vehicle covered; you just keep gas in the tank.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime Family of Brands is Great Place to Work Certified! And get this: 90% of our rockstar employees say they feel right at home here. We could spend a lot of time having you read about ALL our awards, but we’ll save time (and practice some humility) just naming a few others; Comparably Awards: Best Company for Diversity, Best Company Culture and Best Company Leadership, oh and don’t forget Phoenix Business Journal Healthiest Employers (okay, we’ll stop there)!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!