Data Science Intern (Summer 2024)
This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas or who need sponsorship now or in the future are not eligible for hire at this time.
As a Data Science Intern, you will work alongside our Data Science team that acts as internal consultants to deliver immediate value and design long term solutions to provide a fundamental change to all portions of our business.
So what are we looking for?
- Enthusiasm for learning and seeking new opportunities within design, marketing and strategy. You understand user-centric design and love staying up-to-date with latest user experience and design trends and styles.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know "detail-oriented" is on about every job description - but we really mean it!
- Ability to work independently. You can take on small to mid-size projects independently, but you’re also not afraid to ask for help when you need it.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize then re-prioritize again.
- Intellectual curiosity. Why? What? How? Do you find yourself always wanting to learn more and broaden your knowledge base? If so, this could be the role for you.
- You are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- You are concentrating with the major(s) of Data Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Business Analytics, Actuarial/Risk Analysis, Accounting, Business, Finance and/or Financial Management majors
- You are currently in your Junior or Senior year (Graduation date 12/2024 - May 2025)
- You are working hard and have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Able to read & write in Python (R is a plus!)
- Exposure to SQL
- Our internship program will be 11 weeks starting May 2024 to August 2024
- Internships will be based out of our Home Office in Tempe, AZ and Dallas, TX
- You can expect a regular on-site schedule Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Not Just Coffee Runs. We’re talking real world experience. You’ll walk away from our internship program with hands-on experience, completed projects, full portfolios, and newly developed skills.
- Who Says You Have to Walk Away? Across both our Tempe, AZ and Dallas, TX offices, over 60% of our interns stay through the fall semester, return the following summer, or are brought on full-time after graduation.
- Growth & Development. You will be mentored by industry professionals, be given guidance along the way, and the tools to be successful.
- Philanthropy: Give for Good. We are proud to be difference makers in our communities. We dedicate time for our Interns to give back with us.
- Gratitude is Green. Out Internship Program is paid, because, well money matters!
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime Family of Brands is Great Place to Work Certified! And get this: 90% of our rockstar employees say they feel right at home here. We could spend a lot of time having you read about ALL our awards, but we’ll save time (and practice some humility) just naming a few others; Comparably Awards: Best Company for Diversity, Best Company Culture and Best Company Leadership, oh and don’t forget Phoenix Business Journal Healthiest Employers (okay, we’ll stop there)!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: R6118