Data Analytics Intern (Summer 2024)
What’s Under the Hood
DriveTime Family of Brands is the largest privately owned used car sales finance & servicing company in the nation. Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona and Dallas, Texas, we create opportunities and improve the lives of our customers and our employees by placing a focus on putting the right customer, in the right vehicle, on the right terms and on their path to ownership.
The DriveTime Family of Brands spans across DriveTime, Bridgecrest and SilverRock. You can find us at the intersection of technology and innovation as we use our proprietary tools and over two decades of industry knowledge to redefine the process of purchasing, financing, and protecting your vehicle.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
We are looking for skilled Analytics Interns for our 2024 summer internship program. Asan Analytics Intern, you will have the ability to work within one of our analytics groups that are dedicated to supporting a vertical within our complex business. These verticals range from operational analytics to risk analytics to servicing analytics (just to name a few).
The Anlaytics Intern will be responsible for things like:
- Developing and maintaining forecasting models
- Providing ad hoc analysis and special projects as required.
- Working with department leaders to understand changes needed and collaborate on solutions for change.
- Manipulating, analyzing, and presenting data using programs like SQL, Snowflake, Excel, Tableau, and Python
- Innovating on existing products and processes while using emerging technologies and data analysis to identify new opportunities to improve customer experience and profitability.
- Creating in-depth analyses, collaborating with stakeholders, and leveraging resources skillfully to capitalize on those new opportunities.
- Demonstrating strong communication skills in making recommendations to senior executives across DriveTime’s family of companies.
So what are we looking for?
- Killer analytical and reporting abilities. You’ll need the capability to analyze data and in return, prepare timely reports on your findings.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know "detail-oriented" is on about every job description - but we really mean it!
- Fantastic problem solver. Your job is not only to find the problem, but more importantly, find the solution.
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Intellectual curiosity. Why? What? How? Do you find yourself always wanting to learn more and broaden your knowledge base? If so, this could be the role for you.
- You are currently pursuing a bachelor's or master’s with a graduation date of December 2024 - May 2025
- A quantitative degree in either; economics, finance, analytics, math, engineering, computer science or other STEM field.
- Data analysis experience
- Knowledge of Excel, SQL, Tableau, Python or R
- Excel skills
- Our internship program will be 11 weeks starting May 2024 to August 2024
- Internships will be based out of our Home Office in Tempe, AZ and Dallas, TX
- You can expect a regular on-site schedule Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Not Just Coffee Runs. We’re talking real world experience. You’ll walk away from our internship program with hands-on experience, completed projects, full portfolios, and newly developed skills.
- Who Says You Have to Walk Away? Across both our Tempe, AZ and Dallas, TX offices, over 60% of our interns stay through the fall semester, return the following summer, or are brought on full-time after graduation.
- Growth & Development. You will be mentored by industry professionals, be given guidance along the way, and the tools to be successful.
- Philanthropy: Give for Good. We are proud to be difference makers in our communities. We dedicate time for our Interns to give back with us.
- Gratitude is Green. Out Internship Program is paid, because, well money matters!
- In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. So come early, take a break in your day or finish strong with a workout!
- Give Us a Reason (or not), and We’ll Celebrate. Regardless of whether there is a holiday or not, we are finding ways to kick back and enjoy each other’s company outside of day-to-day work.
- Smart-Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime Family of Brands is Great Place to Work Certified! And get this: 90% of our rockstar employees say they feel right at home here. We could spend a lot of time having you read about ALL our awards, but we’ll save time (and practice some humility) just naming a few others; Comparably Awards: Best Company for Diversity, Best Company Culture and Best Company Leadership, oh and don’t forget Phoenix Business Journal Healthiest Employers (okay, we’ll stop there)!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: R5346