Customer Sales Guide
What’s Under the Hood
DriveTime Family of Brands is the largest privately owned used car sales finance & servicing company in the nation. Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona and Dallas, Texas, we create opportunities and improve the lives of our customers and our employees by placing a focus on putting the right customer, in the right vehicle, on the right terms and on their path to ownership.
You can find DriveTime’s tire tracks across the nation with dealerships where we embrace a transparent pricing approach, eliminating haggling and gimmicks and reconditioning centers where we breathe new life into pre-owned vehicles. Regardless of where you’re located, if you’ve got DRIVE and you’re looking to make an impact, we’d love for you to make a difference with us!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
Responsibilities of the Job (Or Better Known as, Your Next Destination)
Responsible for being fully involved in sales and customer experience activities, both virtual and in-store. Performs various detailed tasks throughout the dealership such as preparing titles, loan documents and taking down payments. Takes customers on test drives, demonstrating vehicle features.
- Is fully involved in sales and customer experience activities, both virtual and in-store. This includes all forms of communication and paperwork prior to a customer visit as well as in-person to provide solutions and complete the purchase.
- Partner with Managers and other Customer Experience Guides to delegate tasks and responsibilities, meeting customer and company needs.
- Understands and executes all administrative responsibilities including but not limited to deal documentation, underwriting, cash handling, inventory management, and meeting company provided expectations.
- Understands and executes company directives, initiatives, and expectations.
- Making phone calls, scheduling appointments, answering questions and educating potential customers about their options.
- Collaborating with team members to reach sales targets.
- Opening/closing the dealership when needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (The Good Stuff)
- Professional and persuasive communication skills; must have the ability to ask for the sale and handle customer requests.
- Required; at times to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and Saturdays.
- Understanding the characteristics, features, and capabilities of all vehicles, and providing customers with detailed information.
- Must execute the highest attention to detail when assisting with the sale processes.
- Must be able to retain training instruction, implement feedback received, and adapt to any and all changes in processes:
Phase 1: Customer Engagement and Experience
Phase 2: Inventory Management and Dealership Workflow/Operations
Phase 3: Titles, Loans and Vehicle Processes
- Must practice strict discretion when dealing with sensitive information and account information.
- Must be comfortable operating and parking vehicles on and off the lot.
- Must be able to work autonomously and take ownership on assigned tasks.
- Must assure the highest level of customer experience and satisfaction.
Requirements (a.k.a. What You Need to Get the Job Done)
- Associate or bachelor’s degree, or equivalent amount of relative work experience.
- 3+ years of related work experience such as customer service, sales, or retail industry.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record for the previous 3 years.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to pass a drug test and a background check.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter
- Medical, dental, and vision, oh my! DriveTime Family of Brands covers a sizable amount of insurance premiums to ensure our employees receive top-tier healthcare coverage.
- But Wait, There’s More. 401(K), Company paid life insurance policy, short and long-term disability coverage to name a few.
- Growth Opportunities. You grow, I grow, we all grow! But seriously, DriveTime Family of Brands is committed to providing its employees with every opportunity to grow professionally with roughly over 1,000 employees promoted year over year.
- Tuition Reimbursement. We’re as passionate about your professional development as you are. With that, we’ll put our money where our mouth is.
- Wellness Program. Health is wealth! This program includes self-guided coaching and journeys, cash incentives and discounts on your medical premiums through engaging in fun activities!
- Gratitude is Green. We offer competitive pay across the organization, because, well money matters!
- Consistent Work Schedule. We are strong believers in work/life balance. We’re closed on Sundays to give our employees valued time with family and friends.
- Teamwork, Makes the Dream Work. Be part of a winning team and get winning results. Monthly bonus share, sales contests, and other perks to recognize a job well done.
- World Class Training and Development. Starting as a Customer Sales Guide, you can quickly certify on higher levels and prepare for the next role with our manager training programs.
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays. Not just lip service: we work hard, to play hard.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime Family of Brands is Great Place to Work Certified! And get this: 90% of our rockstar employees say they feel right at home here. We could spend a lot of time having you read about ALL our awards, but we’ll save time (and practice some humility) just naming a few others; Comparably Awards: Best Company for Diversity, Best Company Culture and Best Company Leadership, oh and don’t forget Phoenix Business Journal Healthiest Employers (okay, we’ll stop there)!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!