Customer Sales Guide
What’s Under the Hood
DriveTime Family of Brands is the largest privately owned used car sales finance & servicing company in the nation. Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona and Dallas, Texas, we create opportunities and improve the lives of our customers and our employees by placing a focus on putting the right customer, in the right vehicle, on the right terms and on their path to ownership.
You can find DriveTime’s tire tracks across the nation with dealerships where we embrace a transparent pricing approach, eliminating haggling and gimmicks and reconditioning centers where we breathe new life into pre-owned vehicles. Regardless of where you’re located, if you’ve got DRIVE and you’re looking to make an impact, we’d love for you to make a difference with us!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
As a Customer Sales Guide you will use a team-based approach to ensure a one-of-a-kind sales experience for our customers, helping them navigate the path to vehicle ownership at the dealership. And while your ultimate responsibility is to sell vehicles, you will accomplish this goal by building relationships and providing outstanding sales & service to our customers through the entire process.
A Customer Sales Guide is responsible for:
- Connecting and building partnerships with customers who have expressed interest in purchasing a vehicle with DriveTime.
- Working out financing options for the customer, using our no-haggle sales and finance approach, while working with the team to meet the store’s monthly budget.
- Being fully involved in both sales and customer service activities at the dealership.
- Partnering with other Customer Experience Guides and leadership to delegate shared tasks and responsibilities, meeting customer and company needs.
- Understanding and implementing all administrative responsibilities including deal documentation and cash handling.
- Achieving Certification of Keyholder and executing duties accordingly.
What makes a successful DriveTime employee?
- Excellent communication skills: The ability to talk and write with confidence and competence for a wide variety of audiences.
- Works well with others: You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together to win together.
- Goal-oriented: We are looking for someone that is enthusiastic and passionate about meeting the team goals.
- Sales Confident: Having the ability to ask for the sale with self-confidence and being comfortable closing the sale.
- Management material: We are looking for someone that can lead, manage, and grow within our organization.
What are the Job Requirements?
- High School diploma is required; a post-secondary degree is preferred.
- Ability to pass a drug test and criminal background check.
- Valid driver's license with a decent driving record for the previous 3 years.
- 5+ years of sales or customer service experience; management experience preferred.
Show me the Money!
- Base Salary: $50,000 base salary so you can focus on your customer’s experience without the pressure to make the sale.
- Monthly Bonus Potential: This position offers an opportunity to earn extra money every month based on achieving team goals.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter
- Medical, dental, and vision, oh my! DriveTime Family of Brands covers a sizable amount of insurance premiums to ensure our employees receive top-tier healthcare coverage.
- But Wait, There’s More. 401(K), Company paid life insurance policy, short and long-term disability coverage to name a few.
- Growth Opportunities. You grow, I grow, we all grow! But seriously, DriveTime Family of Brands is committed to providing its employees with every opportunity to grow professionally with roughly over 1,000 employees promoted year over year.
- Tuition Reimbursement. We’re as passionate about your professional development as you are. With that, we’ll put our money where our mouth is.
- Wellness Program. Health is wealth! This program includes self-guided coaching and journeys, cash incentives and discounts on your medical premiums through engaging in fun activities!
- Gratitude is Green. We offer competitive pay across the organization, because, well money matters!
- Consistent Work Schedule. We are strong believers in work/life balance. We’re closed on Sundays to give our employees valued time with family and friends.
- Teamwork, Makes the Dream Work. Be part of a winning team and get winning results. Monthly bonus share, sales contests, and other perks to recognize a job well done.
- World Class Training and Development. Starting as a Customer Sales Guide, you can quickly certify on higher levels and prepare for the next role with our manager training programs.
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays. Not just lip service: we work hard, to play hard.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime Family of Brands is Great Place to Work Certified! And get this: 90% of our rockstar employees say they feel right at home here. We could spend a lot of time having you read about ALL our awards, but we’ll save time (and practice some humility) just naming a few others; Comparably Awards: Best Company for Diversity, Best Company Culture and Best Company Leadership, oh and don’t forget Phoenix Business Journal Healthiest Employers (okay, we’ll stop there)!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!