- Reconditioning Center Support
- Business Unit
- Reconditioning Center
- 9121 Cherry Ave
- Postal Code
What’s under the hood:
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 120+ dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, the Interior Auto Repair Technician includes a variety of tasks that will overhaul, rebuild, and renovate the vehicle to bring the condition of the interior back to a presentable condition.
In long, our Interior Auto Repair Technicians are responsible for:
- Repairing interior surfaces of vehicles including but not limited to seats, carpets, steering wheels, doors, head liners, and cargo areas.
- Operate spray-dying equipment, power tools, fillers, stitching, sanding and work aids utilizing specific surface preparation and repair techniques.
- Mix dyes to specified color using formulas, color charts or matching premixed containers.
- Fill, sand, mask, blend, stitch, trim surfaces to match surrounding areas.
- Working with Reconditioning Center Management to repair or reject inventory based on estimated cost of repairs and/or the overall quality of the vehicle.
- Identifying and completing repairs effectively the first time, to minimize re-work and delays in production.
- Work in ways that decrease the possibility of injury to yourself or other team members in the shop due to spills or other preventable hazardous conditions.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. For qualifying employees, DriveTime will pay the entire premium!
- Tuition Reimbursement. We encourage growth and development, not only in your career with us but also your formal education.
- Work/Life Balance. This teams enjoys a M-F Friday schedule and are typically done by 2:30pm!
- 11 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off? This also increases with tenure.
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Wellness Program. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. Over 80% of our current leadership has developed internally.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Top of the “Line” communicator. Ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Listeners…Not Hearers Seek to understand, do not hear to reply.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Being “fashionably late” is great outside the job, but on the job you’ll need to adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- This role typically requires 5+ years of experience and the ability to work on all makes and models (Domestic, European and Asian brands)
- You must own your own tool set (Cali state laws do not require this so we will need to have a separate JD)
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.