Verde Outdoor Media is looking for a Controller based out of Tempe, Arizona.
Verde Outdoor Media, LLC is an out-of-home (OOH) media company based out of Tempe, Arizona, and a growing addition to the family of companies owned by Ernest Garcia II, founder of DriveTime.
Verde Outdoor Media is more than just an out-of-home advertising company, we’re a team of people who believe that every brand has a story to tell, and we’re here to help craft that story. But we do more than just craft it- we put it in front of the right people where they can see it and engage with it.
Verde Outdoor Media is ranked as one of the top 25 largest out-of-home companies according to Billboard Insider and has over 1,500 billboard faces/flips along well-traveled routes. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes the growth of our people.
The Controller oversees the accounting operations for several joint ventures located throughout the country. This position will be responsible for centralizing and consolidating the accounting functions. The Controller is a hands-on contributor, while developing and building a team as the operation grows primarily through M&A activities. Responsible for coordinating and providing direction and training to the accounting personnel of the acquired entities in areas of accounting, finance, financial reporting and internal controls. Working under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller will be responsible for coordinating the activities of the accounting staff and preparing monthly reports for senior management as well as participating in periodic due diligence activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for all accounting functions for the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Manage all daily accounting functions and control of the Company’s financial statements.
- Responsible for preparing monthly and quarterly reports that provide management accurate information to support decision making.
- Act as liaison between accounting function and other business units.
- Review and assist with development of annual budgets and performance against such budgets.
- Research of complex accounting issues particularly related to revenue recognition for advertising and leasing operations.
- Development and monitoring of accounting policies and procedures.
- Review documentation of multifaceted accounting issues and conclusions thereon.
- Responsible for the consolidation of the individual joint ventures.
- Assist with analysis of acquisition targets and preparation of Proforma financial statements.
- Provide ad hoc analysis and special projects as required.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff.
- Oversees all accounting functions for the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to understand complex accounting guidelines.
- Thorough understanding of complex Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to develop individuals and teams for organizational success.
- Ability to analyze financial data and to prepare timely reports.
- Ability to manage and converse with accounting functions in multiple locations and joint venture.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records.
- Ability to prioritize/re-prioritize multiple projects and/or deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Change maker who thrives on taking ownership of initiatives and is proactive in approach and strategy. Removes obstacles and identifies resources.
- Embodies the company’s core values with a team-focused mindset and exceptional interpersonal skills. The ability to create a motivating climate, achieve teamwork, train and develop, set goals, and develop plans of action.
- Fosters collaborative partnerships within our markets and drives engagement throughout the community. Receptive to input and ideas from team cultivating an environment of respect and trust.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Licensed CPA preferred
- 7-9 years overall experience in accounting including controllership and accounting experience (public accounting experience preferred)
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background check and drug screen process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: R4274