- Business Unit
- 1721 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
The DriveTime family of companies is looking for a Controller for their outdoor advertising arm that offers advertising space on billboards held on leases, real estate, easements, and other legal structures across the country. We continue to grow our balance sheet primarily through the acquisition of additional billboard plants in strategic locations.
DriveTime is looking for an experienced Controller to oversee the accounting operations for several joint ventures located throughout the country. This position will be responsible for centralizing and consolidating the accounting functions. Controller will need to be a hands-on contributor, while developing and building a team as the operation grows primarily through M&A activities. Controller will be coordinating and providing direction and training to the accounting personnel of the acquired entities in areas of accounting, finance, financial reporting and internal controls.
Working under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller will be responsible for coordinating the activities of the accounting staff and preparing monthly reports for senior management as well as participating in periodic due diligence activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The duties and responsibilities listed below are intended to provide general guidelines and parameters for the job and are not intended to be a comprehensive, detailed description of the job.
- Responsible for all accounting functions for the Company and its subsidiaries
- Manage all daily accounting functions and control of the Company’s financial statements
- Responsible for preparing monthly and quarterly reports that provide management accurate information to support decision making
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable and Billings processes
- Act as liaison between accounting function and other business units
- Review and assist with development of annual budgets and performance against such budgets
- Responsible for Account Payable function
- Research of complex accounting issues particularly related to revenue recognition for advertising and leasing operations
- Development and monitoring of accounting policies and procedures
- Review documentation of multifaceted accounting issues and conclusions thereon
- Responsible for the consolidation of the individual joint ventures
- Assist with analysis of acquisition targets and preparation of Proforma financial statements
- Provide ad hoc analysis and special projects as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Licensed CPA preferred
- 7-9 years overall experience in accounting including controllership and accounting experience (public accounting experience a plus)
- Ability to understand complex accounting guidelines
- Thorough understanding of complex Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to develop individuals and teams for organizational success
- Ability to analyze financial data and to prepare timely reports
- Ability to manage and converse with accounting functions in multiple locations and joint venture
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records
- Ability to prioritize/re-prioritize multiple projects and/or deadlines
- Ability to confidently converse with and present to senior management
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Individual must be flexible, with an ability to work in an independent, proactive manner, as well as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written