What’s Under the Hood
DriveTime Family of Brands is the largest privately owned used car sales finance & servicing company in the nation. Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona and Dallas, Texas, we create opportunities and improve the lives of our customers and our employees by placing a focus on putting the right customer, in the right vehicle, on the right terms and on their path to ownership.
The DriveTime Family of Brands spans across DriveTime, Bridgecrest and SilverRock. You can find us at the intersection of technology and innovation as we use our proprietary tools and over two decades of industry knowledge to redefine the process of purchasing, financing, and protecting your vehicle.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, the Claims Manager will oversee claim specialists and will assist in managing all aspects of the company’s Property and Casualty Insurance program, with primary responsibilities investigating, evaluating and providing strategic guidance on Auto Liability, General Liability and Auto Physical Damage claims. The Manager will maintain DriveTime’s relationship with our Third-Party Claims Administrator and outside counsel as well as DriveTime’s excess insurance carriers.
In long, the Claims Manager is responsible for:
Establish standards and claim procedures for the Property and Casualty Insurance Program (includes Workers’ Compensation, Auto Liability, General Liability, Property Insurance and First Party Auto) in a continuous improvement environment.
Assist with developing, managing and providing strategic guidance on all matters of the Property and Casualty Insurance program- including claims and litigation management, Auto and General liability claim investigations, tracking in DriveTime’s claim database, settlement review, appropriate reserving based on exposure, recommendations to loss control strategies, Third Party Claim Administrator and outside counsel oversite
Collaborate with internal and external business partners to prevent accident frequency and severity
Conduct regular claim reviews and audits of pending/closed files with Third Party Claim Administrator, outside counsel, Insurance Broker and internal business partners
Ability to utilize data and articulate claim trends, developments and settlement recommendations to senior management.
Minimum 2-3 years supervisory/team management experience
Solid background with at least 5 years of experience adjusting and managing bodily injury claims and litigation.
Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience engaging with key stakeholders: Legal, Employee Experience, Benefits
Experience with managing high complexity/high dollar claims
Familiarity with commercial insurance and/or solid experience with litigation Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing
Excellent analytical and organizational skills coupled with strong problem-solving ability
Proficiency with technology including Claims Management systems, MS Office (specifically Excel), Third Party Administrators (TPA)
Must reside near or around the greater Phoenix area in AZ
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Nice To Haves
5 years supervisory/team management experience
Commercial or business insurance experience is definitely a plus!
Experience managing claims in a Captive Insurance model
Experience with Insurance Designation (CPCU, ARM, etc.)
So What About the Perks? Perks matter
- Medical, dental, and vision, oh my! DriveTime Family of Brands covers a sizable amount of insurance premiums to ensure our employees receive top-tier healthcare coverage.
- But Wait, There’s More. 401(K), Company paid life insurance policy, short and long-term disability coverage to name a few.
- Growth Opportunities. You grow, I grow, we all grow! But seriously, DriveTime Family of Brands is committed to providing its employees with every opportunity to grow professionally with roughly over 1,000 employees promoted year over year.
- Tuition Reimbursement. We’re as passionate about your professional development as you are. With that, we’ll put our money where our mouth is.
- Wellness Program. Health is wealth! This program includes self-guided coaching and journeys, cash incentives and discounts on your medical premiums through engaging in fun activities!
- Gratitude is Green. We offer competitive pay across the organization, because, well money matters!
- In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. So come early, take a break in your day or finish strong with a workout!
- Give Us a Reason (or not), and We’ll Celebrate. Regardless of whether there is a holiday or not, we are finding ways to kick back and enjoy each other’s company outside of day-to-day work.
- Smart-Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays. Not just lip service: we work hard, to play hard.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime Family of Brands is Great Place to Work Certified! And get this: 90% of our rockstar employees say they feel right at home here. We could spend a lot of time having you read about ALL our awards, but we’ll save time (and practice some humility) just naming a few others; Comparably Awards: Best Company for Diversity, Best Company Culture and Best Company Leadership, oh and don’t forget Phoenix Business Journal Healthiest Employers (okay, we’ll stop there)!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!