What’s Under the Hood
DriveTime Family of Brands is the largest privately owned used car sales finance & servicing company in the nation. Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona and Dallas, Texas, we create opportunities and improve the lives of our customers and our employees by placing a focus on putting the right customer, in the right vehicle, on the right terms and on their path to ownership.
The DriveTime Family of Brands spans across DriveTime, Bridgecrest and SilverRock. You can find us at the intersection of technology and innovation as we use our proprietary tools and over two decades of industry knowledge to redefine the process of purchasing, financing, and protecting your vehicle.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Benefits Specialist you will be responsible for analyzing and administering the day-to-day activities of the group benefits programs which include medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending plans health savings plans, wellness plans and 401k. You will administer plans and serve as a liaison with our associates, benefits providers and other third-party vendors as necessary.
In long, our Benefits Specialist is responsible for:
- Act as the primary resource for employees with benefits or claim questions.
- Perform all benefit audits.
- Perform monthly benefit reconciliations.
- Serve as a contact for all benefit vendors regarding claims, benefit administration and billing.
- Organizes activities related to group health insurance plans including handling all aspects of benefits administration.
- Reconciles monthly benefit invoices and takes action for adjustments as required.
- Develops and monitors employee benefit procedures based upon applicable federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Serves as a subject matter expert, troubleshoots, and streamlines processes using automated systems.
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize work and accurately complete multiple tasks under minimal supervision and rigid time constraints.
- Audits and identifies discrepancies with benefit calculations, deductions, data, and information.
- Assists management with evaluating services, coverage, and options available through insurance brokers to determine programs and options for the organization.
- Partners with external third-party administrators for the day-to-day administration of benefit plans.
- Researches, analyzes, evaluates, and administers corporate benefit plans and programs ensuring compliance with both plan and regulatory requirements.
- Serves as primary day-to-day contact for third party administrators.
- Audits vendors and vendor systems to ensure compliance with plan structure and company policy and resolves discrepancies.
- Troubleshoots issues and resolves problems related to the plans, eligibility, enrollment, systems etc.
- Develops and analyzes reports as needed.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in group benefits and Leave of Absence administration.
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and prior HRIS experience.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Fantastic problem solver. Your job is not only to find the problem, but more importantly, find the solution.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know "detail-oriented" is on about every job description - but we really mean it!
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Timely. We don’t believe in being "fashionably late". You’ll need to adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Passionate and goal-oriented. We are looking for someone that is enthusiastic about their work and is passionate about not only meeting their goals but exceeding them.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter
- Medical, dental, and vision, oh my! DriveTime Family of Brands covers a sizable amount of insurance premiums to ensure our employees receive top-tier healthcare coverage.
- But Wait, There’s More. 401(K), Company paid life insurance policy, short and long-term disability coverage to name a few.
- Growth Opportunities. You grow, I grow, we all grow! But seriously, DriveTime Family of Brands is committed to providing its employees with every opportunity to grow professionally with roughly over 1,000 employees promoted year over year.
- Tuition Reimbursement. We’re as passionate about your professional development as you are. With that, we’ll put our money where our mouth is.
- Wellness Program. Health is wealth! This program includes self-guided coaching and journeys, cash incentives and discounts on your medical premiums through engaging in fun activities!
- Gratitude is Green. We offer competitive pay across the organization, because, well money matters!
- In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. So come early, take a break in your day or finish strong with a workout!
- Give Us a Reason (or not), and We’ll Celebrate. Regardless of whether there is a holiday or not, we are finding ways to kick back and enjoy each other’s company outside of day-to-day work.
- Smart-Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays. Not just lip service: we work hard, to play hard.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime Family of Brands is Great Place to Work Certified! And get this: 90% of our rockstar employees say they feel right at home here. We could spend a lot of time having you read about ALL our awards, but we’ll save time (and practice some humility) just naming a few others; Comparably Awards: Best Company for Diversity, Best Company Culture and Best Company Leadership, oh and don’t forget Phoenix Business Journal Healthiest Employers (okay, we’ll stop there)!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!