Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. Across the nation, from our home office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Total Rewards Specialist you will be responsible for administering the day to day activities of the group benefits programs which include medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending plans health savings plans, wellness plans and 401k. You will administer plans and serve as a liaison with our associates, benefits providers and other third party vendors as necessary.
In long, our Total Rewards Specialists are responsible for:
- Act as the primary resource for employees with benefits or claim questions.
- Perform all benefit audits.
- Perform monthly benefit reconciliations.
- Serve as a contact for all benefit vendors regarding claims, benefit administration and billing.
- Organizes activities related to group health insurance plans including handling all aspects of benefits administration.
- Reconciles monthly benefit invoices and takes action for adjustments as required.
- Develops and monitors employee benefit procedures based upon applicable federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Serves as a subject matter expert, troubleshoots, and streamlines processes using automated systems.
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize work and accurately complete multiple tasks under minimal supervision and rigid time constraints.
- Audits and identifies discrepancies with benefit calculations, deductions, data, and information.
- Assists management with evaluating services, coverage, and options available through insurance brokers to determine programs and options for the organization.
- Partners with external third-party administrators for the day-to-day administration of benefit plans.
- Researches, analyzes, evaluates, and administers corporate benefit plans and programs ensuring compliance with both plan and regulatory requirements.
- Serves as primary day-to-day contact for third party administrators.
- Audits vendors and vendor systems to ensure compliance with plan structure and company policy and resolves discrepancies.
- Troubleshoots issues and resolves problems related to the plans, eligibility, enrollment, systems etc.
- Develops and analyzes reports as needed.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize then re-prioritize again.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know "detail-oriented" is on about every job description - but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Intellectual curiosity. Why? What? How? Do you find yourself always wanting to learn more and broaden your knowledge base? If so, this could be the role for you.
- Operate automatously. This isn’t a "hold your hand" kind of role. We give you autonomy to be creative in your space and do your thing. We need an individual that is self-motivated to get the work done and get the work done well.
- Works well in a time crunch. There will be multiple time sensitive requirements and you’ll need the ability to meet deliverable due dates.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required in lieu of relevant work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in group benefits and Leave of Absence administration.
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and prior HRIS experience.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break - no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!