Automotive Tech I- State Inspection
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, the Automotive Technician includes general service maintenance and pre-delivery inspections, primarily light mechanical repairs. The great part, no customers, ever - just you doing what you do best! Fixing Cars!
In long, our Auto Techs are responsible for:
- Working with Reconditioning Center Management to review and inspect inventory based on estimated cost of repairs and/or the overall quality of the vehicle.
- Completing the initial pre-delivery inspection and identifying and completing repairs effectively the first time, to minimize re-work and delays in production.
- Must be proficient with fluid checks, GPS installation, brake and tire repair, and frame damage inspection.
- Work in ways that decrease possibility of injury to yourself or other team members in the shop due to spills or other preventable hazardous conditions.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Competitive Pay Rate. (No Flat Rate!)
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Consistent Work Schedule with a Great Work/Life Balance. We’re closed Sunday's to give our employees valued time with family and friends.
- Full Benefits. 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- No customers. You do, what you do best - fix cars and work as a team.
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within with over 1,000 employees promoted last year.
What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Industry Experience. Minimum of 2 years on the job experience performing light to medium line work.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together to win together.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know "detail-oriented" is on about every job description - but we really mean it!
- Timely. Being "fashionably late" is great outside the job, but on the job you’ll need to adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
The Specifics - What do you need?
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- This role typically requires 1-2 years of experience and the ability to work on all makes and models (Domestic, European and Asian brands).
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!