What’s Under the Hood
DriveTime Family of Brands is the largest privately owned used car sales finance & servicing company in the nation. Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona and Dallas, Texas, we create opportunities and improve the lives of our customers and our employees by placing a focus on putting the right customer, in the right vehicle, on the right terms and on their path to ownership.
You can find DriveTime’s tire tracks across the nation with dealerships where we embrace a transparent pricing approach, eliminating haggling and gimmicks and reconditioning centers where we breathe new life into pre-owned vehicles. Regardless of where you’re located, if you’ve got DRIVE and you’re looking to make an impact, we’d love for you to make a difference with us!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
Responsibilities of the Job (Or Better Known as, Your Next Destination)
Responsible for tracking and monitoring the maintenance of DriveTime vehicles. Perform inspections and work with management to repair or reject inventory based on estimated cost of repairs and/or the overall quality of the vehicle.
- Inspect vehicles for cosmetic standards.
- Manage incoming and outgoing inventory.
- Prepare and move vehicles throughout the distribution for retail.
- Record daily inventory of vehicles that arrive from auctions.
- Keep area clean and organized to avoid spills and hazards.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (The Good Stuff)
- Must be comfortable operating all vehicles at the Reconditioning Center.
- Must have the ability to perform inspections and keep detailed accurate records of the condition of the vehicles.
- Must be familiar with company standards and assure each vehicle is kept to those cosmetic standards.
- Must always practice safety in the workplace to eliminate hazard to one’s self and team members in the Inspection Center.
- Must work cohesively with Management and team members to repair or reject or reject inventory based on estimated cost of repairs and/or the overall quality of the vehicle.
Requirements (a.k.a. What You Need to Get the Job Done)
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
- Requires visual acuity and manual dexterity to consistently operate a vehicle and other productivity machinery, such as heavy equipment and power tools.
- This position could require moving objects up to 60 pounds.
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment.
- May need to move self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight spaces, such as underneath a vehicle.
- Frequently communicate with internal customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Frequently move about the workplace to access various machinery, vehicles, etc.
- May work in an environment that could be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter
- Medical, dental, and vision, oh my! DriveTime Family of Brands covers a sizable amount of insurance premiums to ensure our employees receive top-tier healthcare coverage.
- But Wait, There’s More. 401(K), Company paid life insurance policy, short and long-term disability coverage to name a few.
- Growth Opportunities. You grow, I grow, we all grow! But seriously, DriveTime Family of Brands is committed to providing its employees with every opportunity to grow professionally with roughly over 1,000 employees promoted year over year.
- Tuition Reimbursement. We’re as passionate about your professional development as you are. With that, we’ll put our money where our mouth is.
- Wellness Program. Health is wealth! This program includes self-guided coaching and journeys, cash incentives and discounts on your medical premiums through engaging in fun activities!
- Gratitude is Green. We offer competitive pay across the organization, because, well money matters!
- Learn and Earn Program. Increase your earning potential as you become a master inventory associate.
- No Customers. No worries. Just do what you love. Repair cars.
- Consistent Work Schedule. We are strong believers in work/life balance. We’re closed on Sundays to give our employees valued time with family and friends.
- No Weekends, No Problems. Take it easy on the weekends (the only exception is during our peak season when business is booming).
- 15 Days of PTO and 8 Paid Holidays. Not just lip service: we work hard, to play hard.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime Family of Brands is Great Place to Work Certified! And get this: 90% of our rockstar employees say they feel right at home here. We could spend a lot of time having you read about ALL our awards, but we’ll save time (and practice some humility) just naming a few others; Comparably Awards: Best Company for Diversity, Best Company Culture and Best Company Leadership, oh and don’t forget Phoenix Business Journal Healthiest Employers (okay, we’ll stop there)!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!