- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
What’s under the hood:
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 120+ dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
This position is located at our Home Office in Tempe, Arizona. Temporary work from home opportunities may be available, however, all employees must live locally.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Online Buyer, you will manage your own markets and purchase quality inventory for dealerships nationwide. The average DriveTime Buyer will be responsible for purchasing approximately $30 million worth of vehicles annually!
In long, you will:
- Analyze market for trends in vehicle wholesale values.
- Represent DriveTime at online auctions nationwide.
- Buyer will purchase approximately 3,100 units per year.
- Manage your own inventory through supply chain life cycle.
- Develop and maintains ongoing relationships with auction personnel, fleet representatives and internal partners.
- Partner with DriveTime Inspection Centers on repair estimates and wholesale decisions.
- Limited travel required for training purposes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Tuition Reimbursement. We encourage growth and development, not only in your career with us but also your formal education.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off? This also increases with tenure.
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room & Onsite Gym. Each site has a unique space for you to relax and unwind by pumping some iron, playing some ping pong, foosball, video games or just catching up with friends.
- Wellness Program. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. Over 80% of our current leadership has developed internally.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together to win together.
- Passionate and goal-oriented. We are looking for someone that is enthusiastic about their work and is passionate about not only meeting their goals but exceeding them.
- Fantastic problem solver. Your job is not only to find the problem, but more importantly, find the solution.
- $50,000 Salary + Benefits
- High School or GED required
- Strong background in business processes, decision-making, and working in a results-driven environment
Nice to Haves.
- College degree preferred
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. Drivetime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.