Assistant Director, Talent Acquisition
- Business Unit
- 7465 E Hampton Ave
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Assistant Director, Talent Acquisition
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
In short, as the Assitant Director of Talent Acquisition, you will be responsible for expanding the Company’s Talent Acquisition function while creating and implementing talent acquisition strategies across several lines of business. The role will design innovative sourcing strategies to help recruit and create a pipeline of diverse top talent to drive business success.
In long, the Assistant Director of Talent Acquisition is responsible for:
- Build the recruiting function with a strong bias toward scalability, allowing us to ramp up open roles quickly as needed.
- Ensure our ability to identify, attract and recruit the very best, most qualified candidates for every single role. Do so in line with company goals, including hiring plans and DEI goals.
- Manage the end-to-end candidate experience, from initial impression of Postscript through accepted offer.
- Design, build and continually improve the DriveTime recruiting approach, from sourcing through offer acceptance. Select and implement appropriate technology to increase efficiency at every stage.
- Build and manage a high performing recruiting team. Supplement internal resources with external recruiting support as needed.
- Develop and leverage appropriate metrics to inform recruiting decisions and drive performance effectiveness.
- Continually optimize recruiting processes. Strike the right balance between standardization, efficiency and effectiveness. Implement interviewer training programs. Develop appropriate communication cadence with all stakeholders, including hiring managers.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Management material. We are looking for someone that can lead, manage and grow within our organization.
- Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
- 5+ years’ experience leading talent acquisition at a high growth tech company
- At least 3+ years of In-house recruiting experience
- Experience working with and building sourcing strategies with hiring leaders
- Ability to effectively prepare and present information and respond to questions from management, clients, and other employees in the organization
- Adaptable and flexible to support the organization’s growth
- Proven experience in identifying, engaging and closing passive candidates
- Excellent computer and internet usage skills, such as: MS Office and Outlook
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!