Assistant Director, Reconditioning Analytics
Headquartered in Tempe, AZ & Dallas, TX, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 135 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. Across the nation, from our home office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
The Assistant Director of Reconditioning Analytics will be responsible for driving the analytical framework for our reconditioning operations. This role exists to help Drivetime improve its reconditioning center performance to be best in class within the industry through data driven strategic decisioning. Additionally, you will work closely with operational leadership to develop and implement both short- and long-term strategies and initiatives. This role will be expected to work cross functionally with many different teams involved in inventory and logistics operations, as well as IT, Product and BI teams to assure we have the necessary systems and data to drive continuous improvement.
- Drive reconditioning operations strategy through data backed business insight
- Build and cultivate authentic relationships with operational leadership both in the corporate office and field leadership teams
- Own the design, development, and support of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, and such to drive key decisions and process improvements
- Act as the subject matter expert on all things reconditioning from operational process flow, where our data lives, what data we need, and current performance
- Be a strategic thought leader working with Product and IT teams to help design a new inventory management system aimed at better understanding process, resource utilization and data gaps within our current process
- Be go to point of contact for all reconditioning center costs for internal accounting team and operational partners with an ability to not only communicate what is happening to cost, but also why it is happening
- Manage a team of analysts building best in class reporting on main KPIs with the goal being to drive insight to help improve reconditioning center cost efficiency, and performance
- Strategic thinker who can translate operational process realities into compelling data backed suggestions for change and improvement
- Effective communicator with an ability to alter presentation style and approach based on a wide array partners and stakeholders
- 2+ years’ experience in leadership or people management roles
- 4+ years’ experience in analytics, supply chain, business consulting or other related field
- Bachelors degree required; MBA is a plus
- Strong financial and analytical acumen; ability to translate data into insight and excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency in excel modeling skills. Database querying (SQL/Snowflake/etc.) and tableau experience a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit and high level of accountability and attention to detail; own and manage the opportunity
- Considerable experience partnering with business operations and being able to influence change
- Ability to bridge the gap from day-to-day reality to strategic insight through synthesizing operational feedback with data analysis
- Balance priorities with requests for ad-hoc projects while maintaining appropriate attention to key deliverables
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top 5 Best Places to Work 2021 for our great culture and one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted Best Company for Woman and Best Company for Diversity; no matter your make or model, you are always welcome on our lot - so come join us!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 8 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break - no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and foosball if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 20 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!