Assistant Director, Loss Mitigation Analytics
What’s Under the Hood
DriveTime Family of Brands includes in-house financing and servicing through Bridgecrest, which is one of the country’s leading financial servicing providers. Bridgecrest services roughly $17 billion in finance receivables for DriveTime and other third parties. We service auto loans across a wide credit spectrum with the intent of creating a strong path to vehicle ownership for our customers.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as an Assistant Director of Loss Mitigation you will work for Bridgecrest to identify, quantify and validate operating and strategic initiatives for loss mitigation.
In long, our Assistant Director of Loss Mitigation are responsible for:
Unfortunately, some customers will default on their loan obligations. It is this job’s role to develop strategies that recover money while doing so with empathy for our customers.
Formulating, developing and instituting business strategies in loss mitigation, recoveries, repossession, and remarketing to reduce net losses.
Partnering with product, tech, data science, and operation teams to implement data driven strategies and decision engines.
Bringing the strategy to life: our analysts are responsible for analyzing and developing the full life cycle of a project including implementation/execution.
Driving large analytical initiatives to reveal step-change improvements in operational and transaction profitability of the business.
Effectively communicate with concise insights and/or visualizations utilizing software such as Tableau while partnering collaboratively with colleagues and senior leaders in the organization.
Leveraging emerging technologies and critical thinking skills to continually innovate and automate existing methodologies, processes, and reporting. Design, develop, test, and implement new products and solutions.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
Intellectual curiosity. Why? What? How? Do you find yourself always wanting to learn more and broaden your knowledge base? If so, this could be the role for you.
Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize then re-prioritize again.
Master multi-tasker. We are looking for someone that is not only good at multi-tasking but thrives in it.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
Killer analytical and reporting abilities. You’ll need the capability to analyze data and in return, prepare timely reports on your findings.
A mind for the details. Okay we know "detail-oriented" is on about every job description - but we really mean it!
Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (Analytics, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field).
5+ years’ experience of financial or operational analysis preferred.
1+ years’ experience in loss mitigation, repossessions, and remarketing.
Experience with A/B Testing, Experimental Design, and Economic/Financial Analysis.
Advanced Excel skills.
Nice to Haves.
Experience performing data visualization/dashboarding with tableau or similar tool.
Experience querying and analyzing data in SQL, snowflake, and/or python.
1-2 years’ experience in analytics, engineering, consulting, or marketing.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter
- Medical, dental, and vision, oh my! DriveTime Family of Brands covers a sizable amount of insurance premiums to ensure our employees receive top-tier healthcare coverage.
- But Wait, There’s More. 401(K), Company paid life insurance policy, short and long-term disability coverage to name a few.
- Growth Opportunities. You grow, I grow, we all grow! But seriously, DriveTime Family of Brands is committed to providing its employees with every opportunity to grow professionally with roughly over 1,000 employees promoted year over year.
- Tuition Reimbursement. We’re as passionate about your professional development as you are. With that, we’ll put our money where our mouth is.
- Wellness Program. Health is wealth! This program includes self-guided coaching and journeys, cash incentives and discounts on your medical premiums through engaging in fun activities!
- Gratitude is Green. We offer competitive pay across the organization, because, well money matters!
- In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. So come early, take a break in your day or finish strong with a workout!
- Give Us a Reason (or not), and We’ll Celebrate. Regardless of whether there is a holiday or not, we are finding ways to kick back and enjoy each other’s company outside of day-to-day work.
- Smart-Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays. Not just lip service: we work hard, to play hard.
- Company Driver. It’s one of the coolest perks of being who we are! We’ve got your insurance, maintenance, and cost of vehicle covered; you just keep gas in the tank.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime Family of Brands is Great Place to Work Certified! And get this: 90% of our rockstar employees say they feel right at home here. We could spend a lot of time having you read about ALL our awards, but we’ll save time (and practice some humility) just naming a few others; Comparably Awards: Best Company for Diversity, Best Company Culture and Best Company Leadership, oh and don’t forget Phoenix Business Journal Healthiest Employers (okay, we’ll stop there)!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R5904