Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team! Now is your chance to be a part of the coveted 2022 DriveTime Summer Internship Program in Tempe, AZ.
Alright I’m hooked. So What’s the Job?
As an Analytics Intern, you will learn how Analysts operate and perform tasks from start to finish. You’ll also develop skills to tackle real business questions and provide possible solutions. As you are exposed to the various segments of our business, you will have an opportunity to present your findings to the different departments throughout the company. Details for the different departments that you may have the opportunity to experience are as follows:
- responsible for designing and executing digital strategies in loan servicing to minimize losses, maximize cash collected, and improve customer experience.
Loan Servicing Analytics
- apply analytical and strategic skills to initiate, build, and develop the business case for major company initiatives.
- responsible for developing pricing and rate books for ancillary products.
- use creative problem solving and leverage analysis of large datasets to design strategies that accomplish our organizational initiatives of growth, customer experience, and profitability in high profile initiatives.
Contact Center Analytics
- assist in the company's workforce planning, scheduling, real-time adherence and analysis plans for customer contact strategies across multiple sites, optimizing service and quality levels and ensuring the most efficient use of resources.
- responsible for intraday workforce management, and call/text routing at loan servicing contact centers.
Along with gaining hands-on industry experience in your field, you will:
- Participate in a volunteer project with the local community
- Gain a deeper understanding of our business model and where you fit in via local site tours and various department overviews
- Attend Friday workshops facilitated by our Executive Leadership team covering topics such as: time management, compliance, personal branding, leadership & more!
- Our internship program will be 11 weeks starting May 2022 to, August 2022
- Internships will be based out of our Home Office in Tempe, AZ
- You can expect a regular schedule Monday-Friday, 25-30 hours per week
What do you need?
- You are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- You are currently in your Junior or Senior year
- You are concentrating with the major(s) of Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Operations Management, Economics, Business Analytics, Actuarial/Risk Analysis, Finance and/or Financial Management majors
- You’re studying and working hard and have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- You have experience working with SQL, Excel, and Tableau
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Intellectual curiosity. Why? What? How? Do you find yourself always wanting to learn more and broaden your knowledge base? If so, this could be the role for you.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break - no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- In-House Gym. We want our people to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer an In-house gym for you to use anytime!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers! Our goal is have a career waiting for you after your summer internship with DriveTime! Last year, 64% of our Interns stayed onboard after the program after the summer!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: R172