Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs an Accounts Payable (AP) Supervisor
DriveTime is the nation’s second largest used car retailer, focused on helping people find and finance used vehicles (trust us, it’s more exciting than it sounds). We have single-handedly rebuilt, retooled, redreamed and reconfigured the way people think about driving cars, breaking apart from the industry’s status quo. For more than 14 years, DriveTime has changed the auto world from the ground up while emphasizing values, morals and growth from the inside-out!
DriveTime’s goal is to take every customer on the full path to ownership. All the way from purchasing vehicles, inspecting and selling; to financing, servicing and warranties – when it comes to owning a vehicle - we know what’s up! As motivated as we are to take our customer on the path to ownership, we are just as focused on taking our employees on the path to owning their careers. Across the nation, from our home office and call centers to our 145 retail locations and 26 inspection centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Account Payable Supervisor, you will be responsible for supporting the AP Team to ensure continuous flow of all payable related items and assisting with setting the direction and strategy for the group. You will also support all stakeholders with answer to questions and provide results concerning daily activity, audits and policy related issues.
In long, the Accounts Payable Supervisor is responsible for:
- Providing leadership to the team to achieve maximum performance that results in a method consistent with DriveTime's vision and values.
- Daily processing of Accounts Payable transactions as related to:
- Matching invoices, whether prepaid, fixed asset or general expenses, with purchase orders/requests, receipts, and corporate employee requests.
- Obtaining necessary approvals on required invoices.
- Coding and entering approved and verified invoices into the G/L.
- Following up with vendors and third-party service providers to ensure timely entry of all expenses and liabilities
- Work with company personnel to provide a consistent, high level of service to internal and external customers while maintaining compliance with company policies and controls.
- Responding to and resolving vendor A/P inquiries
- Assisting with monthly, quarterly and year-end close cycles
- Maintaining, performing and updating internal control procedures and conforming to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Identifying Accounts Payable process improvements to strengthen controls, maximize system resources and improve efficiency and productivity
- Monitor individual and department metrics for coaching opportunities and trends
- Manage department schedules and time approval
- Create development plans for teams and individuals
- Provide guidance and training to Accounts Payable Representatives
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Management material. We are looking for someone that can lead, manage and grow within our organization.
- Takes a hold of the wheel. You’ll need to take the initiative and be comfortable doing so.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Positive emotional resilience. Problems will arise. We want to make sure you have the ability calmly address and resolve unforeseen challenges expected in a large, complex AP department.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Master of multi-tasking. We are looking for someone that can handle multiple tasks at once and feels comfortable juggling the work load.
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Passionate and goal-oriented. We are looking for someone that is enthusiastic about their work and is passionate about not only meeting their goals but exceeding them.
- Associate’s degree preferred; preferably in Accounting
- A minimum of 1 year experience in an Accounts Payable (AP) supervisor position or 3 years’ experience in Accounts Payable and 1 year of other management experience in an Accounting or Accounting Operations related position.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!